PDA

View Full Version : tubing tool complaint

forester1
09-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Tubing tools are so expensive. Why then do they sometimes use cheap off-brand vice grips. It's frustrating having the center of the vice grip handle pop out or having to manually open the jaws because of a weak spring. What are they saving,2 or 3 bucks on a $100+ tool? I would rather pay an extra $3 or whatever it costs if they would all use the quality vice grips. I feel better now.

chrisnjake9
09-13-2009, 07:25 PM
i was wondering if some one is makeing them on trader at a reduced cost seems like it should be easy if you were set up for it

brookledge
09-13-2009, 08:25 PM
The problem nowadays is the labor cost. If you want to make it for yourself then after buying the materials you can make it cheaper. However once you charge for your labor to go and get the materials, fabricate it, paint it package it etc you need to charge a lot for it.
call a plumber to fix a leaky faucet and the parts won't be much but the labor will be.
I do agree with forester since you are already paying a premium price they should stick to brand name.
The one I bought about 15-20 years ago is made with vise grip brand and has never given me a problem.
Keith

jason grossman
09-14-2009, 08:56 PM
i think it depends on what kind of tool you got i get mine directly from pruno at there shop in quebec and all of thier tools have worked very well for me. I have seen cheaper tools out there!! sometimes the only way to compete with better products is to reduce the quality of the materials.