PDA

View Full Version : School starts tomorow

Farmboy
09-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I start school tomorow. That means I wount be on the trader till midnite. I'll probably be thinkng about maple or tractors most of the time. The worst part is my school doesn't have shop class. It hasn't had it in 20 years. Well at least I got a copy of North American Maple Syrup Producers Manual. So that way when my teachers make me read I have something I want to read.

DaveB
09-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Good luck!! I think we've all been there thinking about maple during our 'day' jobs. It's just part of maple fever.

Dave

KenWP
09-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Okay I give why not on the trader till midnight. Don't tell me you actually do homework. The school I went to as a kid didn't even have a gym let alone anything else.
You must go to a boys only school if you don't think about girls at all. Of course I thought about guns and hunting in those years as tractors bored me and who ever heard of Maple syrup in the boonies of Alberta.

stoweski
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Don't worry Farmboy, I'm in the same boat... except on the other side of the desk. Oh, and I AM a "shop" teacher. Actually in NY State it's now called "Technology Education" or Tech Ed for short. Still mostly the same stuff.

I feel for you, but you best feel for me... I can't just sit there and read the manual, instead I get to read education stuff. Worst part, even during my breaks I can't get on maple trader... it's blocked by the school. :cry:

I suppose I should mention that I do have a shop where I can make plenty of gadgets for sugaring.

Enjoy school. Before you know it it will be over then you'll have a real job keeping you from maple trader!

Keith

3rdgen.maple
09-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Enjoy school. Before you know it it will be over then you'll have a real job keeping you from maple trader!

I thought this maple stuff was a real job:lol: , for alot of us it is harder than our daily jobs. I gotta say my hat is off for some of the youth on the trader like Danno2840, Casseyssugarshack93 and farmboy. You guys are some hard working young adults. I see some of our youth today and just shake my head. It is nice to see them out there working hard at their passion instead of video games and tv. Keep up your hard work and keep the grades up as well. Good luck in school this year.

Farmboy
09-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Okay I give why not on the trader till midnight. Don't tell me you actually do homework. The school I went to as a kid didn't even have a gym let alone anything else.
You must go to a boys only school if you don't think about girls at all. Of course I thought about guns and hunting in those years as tractors bored me and who ever heard of Maple syrup in the boonies of Alberta.

It's not homework that keeps me from the trader it's getting up taking care of the goats and catching the bus in the morning. Ya I think about girls when I'm not thinkin about maple. Thanks 3gen most of the kids in my school are the vidio game tv type. There are only a handful of kids that still hunt and fish and do other things like that.

KenWP
09-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Goats. I actually like goats. Do these critters have any use. Fellow down the road has goats and makes really good cheese from them. I used to raise fainting goats once upon a time.
So hows school going on your second day. I can say I am a Columbian in french already.

dano2840
09-10-2009, 11:22 AM
this is the second week of school for me, my paycheck got reduced to about 1/4 of what it was, i only have a few hours to get things done in the day light and ive got home work that i dont do till its dark out. but the good thing is that i have all great teachers this year, its my senior year and i have amazing girls in my classes especially human phys there isnt a girl in that class i wouldnt say no to if ya know what i mean ;) mhm my human phys teacher is coach of track and cross country and gues who gets all the blow downs on the CC trails! gotta come to school this sunday and take 5 or 6 loads of wood thats going to be a fun day of school for once and a couple of the girls in human phys told my teacher they would help!!! man i love to see good looking girls work, i just cant get to distracted i will be running a tractor and my chainsaws, i need to keep all my limbs lol

twobears1224
09-10-2009, 04:07 PM
my school started last wensday..i guess i survived the first week..oooo,i drive a school bus...i,ve been out of school for 25 years now..i missed it so much i went back...lol
really,i drive a bus for the benefits and so i have alot of time for myself.i,am planning on driving bus and tappin maples.i,am in the planning stages of maple now.i have a 4x14 fixerupper arch,a few trees of my own and i just talked to one landowner with a few maples on his land.i,am also building my own releaser.
DANO:i don,t blame ya girl watchin..lol i,am doin some woman watch myself..you should see our newest bus driver..5'5' slim,trim and she loves to hunt and fish.her grandpa even owned a sugarbush and she worked in it.. :D
i,de like to get around 500/700 taps to start and work up to around 2000.one day i should inherit my dads land and by then i,ll be looking at atleast 2000 on his. i,de keep tapping the whole 4000 if i could find some good help.

delbert

PS:your right,it is good to see some young hard workers on this forum and have them be involved in maple

Farmboy
09-10-2009, 04:35 PM
this is the second week of school for me, my paycheck got reduced to about 1/4 of what it was, i only have a few hours to get things done in the day light and ive got home work that i dont do till its dark out. but the good thing is that i have all great teachers this year, its my senior year and i have amazing girls in my classes especially human phys there isnt a girl in that class i wouldnt say no to if ya know what i mean ;) mhm my human phys teacher is coach of track and cross country and gues who gets all the blow downs on the CC trails! gotta come to school this sunday and take 5 or 6 loads of wood thats going to be a fun day of school for once and a couple of the girls in human phys told my teacher they would help!!! man i love to see good looking girls work, i just cant get to distracted i will be running a tractor and my chainsaws, i need to keep all my limbs lol

Ya that will be a good day of school. I got some good lookin girls in most of my classes too.

KenWP
09-10-2009, 07:09 PM
They don't let you guys handle sharp things do they. You could end up cutting your self with plastic tools even.

Farmboy
09-10-2009, 07:46 PM
They don't let you guys handle sharp things do they. You could end up cutting your self with plastic tools even.

Yaa i'm surprised they even give us plastic knives with lunch. I live in a town filled with yuppies so most kids don't even no what a table saw is yet I have my own.
See u later farmboy

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
09-12-2009, 09:14 PM
DanO,

Must be some more school if you would like to go out with every girl in the class.