PDA

View Full Version : Mi. code. Lightbulbs having covers?

ehausinfrats
09-07-2009, 09:17 AM
I was reading a post last night about in Mi. where I live. That you have to have your lights have a cover on them to meet code. My question is has anyone ever had a lightbulb burst due to moisture or heat in the sugarhouse.

advise.

brookledge
09-07-2009, 10:33 AM
I have 4' flouresent bulbs and have never had them burst due to steam. However I have wacked them and had them smash so it would be good to have them protected, but I don't. I also don't have any directly over the evaporator either.
Keith

3rdgen.maple
09-07-2009, 10:36 AM
I have 4 foot flouresent also and I have the clear plastic covers on them just in case. I got mine at the Home Depot pretty cheap.

maplecrest
09-07-2009, 11:28 AM
before i had hoods on my rig the steam would get the hanging floresent lights rocking and had to tie them off to one side. the bulbs would have worked themselves loose.``

3% Solution
09-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi all,
Had a 75 watt light bulb "POP" before.
Got kinda staemy and condensation dripped on it.
Scared the devil out of me and the folks that were visiting.
That was in the plastic sugarhouse, now we are in a building and have flouresences and haven't had a problem yet.

Dave

firetech
09-08-2009, 05:57 AM
I don't believe it's so much to protect the lamp be more to keep glass out of the food product. This is a requirement in all food processing areas.