PDA

View Full Version : getting ready

Turtlecreek
09-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I think I'll tap this weekend!! O.K just kidding!!! I do think I will cut wood for the new evaporator!! Stores are starting to get fire brick in stock so I think its time to start bricking up the Barrel. I need to start to flag trees so it makes it easier when tapping time starts.

Paddymountain
09-05-2009, 01:46 PM
turtlecreek,I see you have a leader half ppint now. it should make boiling a little easier! i've also up graded to a used 30x 8' drop flue evaporator. right now I'm trying to get everthing ready ,wood ,some repairs etc. and i still need to buy a tank. i guess when you get the bug you really get it

Turtlecreek
09-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I got a real good deal from Dan W, I had to make a road trip to his place almost out to Pittsburg to pic it up. Its a used unit but it is still in good shape. I got the whole shooting match, pan, homemade arch, prewarmer and and he even threw in a bunch of plastic buckets that he wasn't using anymore.

I ran into your neighbor the bee keeper the other day, I forget his name but he works for the game commission, nice guy. I have a little better idea where you live now, maybe sometime durring the season when I'm at a lul I'll have to stop out.