PDA

View Full Version : fuji ring

3 brothers
09-03-2009, 08:49 PM
have got a 1/2hp fuji ring, plate says 56 cfms.can anyone tell me what it might be able to handle.know it's small but price was right

Haynes Forest Products
09-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I have a box fan that will put out more CFMs than that thing. So now that I got that smart *** remark out of the way lets talk. What kind of HGs (vacuum) will it do 16 hrs stright running? What kind of attention will it need during the running period?

3 brothers
09-04-2009, 12:21 AM
knew it was small was just hoping for 100 taps maybe. all i know is the 56 cfms and it has about 50" of water vac. maintence should be minimal but i only paid $5 bucks for it so if it goes it goes. thanks again

KenWP
09-04-2009, 06:01 AM
As long as it makes vacuum it would probbably work. Just think how much extra sap us little guys could make if we got a couple extra hours of flow every day and anykind of flow on those days the trees are lazy and want to flow but just won't.

Haynes Forest Products
09-04-2009, 09:16 AM
What do you mean by 50" water vacuum? 30" of vacuum is all that you can get. Vacuum is measured by the amount of vacuum it takes to raise pure mercury up a tube. Absolute vacuum is 30" of mercury pushed up the tube buy atmospheric pressure at sea level. Is there a model number? I would say any vacuum is better than nothing BUT What happens with a tubing system that is designed for vacuum is high vac will help overcome small glitches in the system and small vacuum wont. Sap ladders and long runs will eat up low low vac.

3 brothers
09-04-2009, 11:37 AM
maple addict what the ratings on your gast? or model number if you don't mind me asking?

vermaple
09-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Recommended vacuum is 10 cfm/1000 taps.

A Delaval 76 will put out 30 cfm w/ a 3hp motor, 50 cfm w/ a 5 hp motor. The Delaval is a vane pump and a liquid ring will put out more vacuum than a vane pump.
That said my guess is a 1/2 hp liquid ring pump will not put out very high vacuum if it moving 56 cfm.

brookledge
09-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Another thing to keep in mind is many times CFM rating is at "open flow" meaning 0" of mercury. Then as you increase the vacuum the CFM's drop. In my experience any motor less than 1 HP isn't going to be able to handle many taps.
Another way to look at it is just the opposite of an air compressor If you have a small one with low CFM's it will still build pressure up to 150 but it will take forever and if you want to run a tool that needs more CFM than it produces then it's no going to work. Most air compressors are rated at different pressures just like vacuum pumps are so you need to know at what amount of " Hg. the pump is at that CFM.
Keith

Brent
09-21-2009, 09:14 PM
sounds to me like a spec for a compressor .... 50 psi

Dean P
11-05-2009, 01:01 PM
It sounds like a

Model Number: VFC30
Horse Power: 1/ 2, Maximum Flow Rate: 56, Maximum Pressure: 50

There is a data sheet at http://www.fujiblowers.com/pdfs/VFC30.pdf

It can be used for vacuum and should have plenty of flow but it would only generate max 45" H2O or ~4" mercury....

Dean

Haynes Forest Products
11-05-2009, 07:00 PM
I think we are getteing all mixed up and confused. The fuji blower is not the type of unit you want for sap lines. What Dean P shows is a BLOWER or more like a vacuum cleaner type pump. We used them in the dental industry for dust collection. Very noisy and will not achieve high vacuum but will produce high CFMs/volume. In dust collection you want high volume/CFMs. with moderate HGs.

I have a 1/4 HP gast pump that will achieve high HGs (26) and only about 6 CFMs and on a good tight system (500) taps its fine.
Back to the first post that 3 Brothers asked about a Fuji ring pump and if its the one one Dean P just showed us Its not going to work. It would make one heck of a wood fire arch blower BECAUSE it has high CFMs with moderated Pressure

One last thing YOU DONT PUMP VACUUM! vacuum is created buy pumping either a liquid or gas out of a closed container/vessal leaving a void (vaccum)

Brent
11-05-2009, 07:18 PM
I just tried to retrace my steps through wiki to find the conversion from inches of water column to inches of mercury and could not find the formula. At the time I was trying to figure what I was going to get from a Nederman blower that I bought a couple of this summer at a farm auction. They are 3/4 Hp and similar in construciton to the Fuji. If I recall they were going to make about 2 1/2 PSI pressure with a huge flow and I intend to put one on the evaporator to inject above the fire.

The suction was in the same magnitude. Converting it was less than 1" of HG ( mercury ) where we need above 20 on a pipeline.

As Haines said, it would be a great blower for an evap, but next to useless on a pipeline