PDA

View Full Version : large surge alamo

PATheron
08-28-2009, 05:50 AM
Guys- Need some help from you fellas. How do you check the pump head to see if the fluid level is proper? My pump has a reclaimer and I filled it from the top of it to the level mark on it and it seems to be too full. It shoots some out the exhaust and it leaks back out on the floor. How do I know if the pump head and the reclaimer are properly filled? Theron

caseyssugarshack93
08-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Well, all you do is have the reclaimer filled to the level then make sure ur oil drippers are working, then your ready to go,

PATheron
08-28-2009, 02:43 PM
When you pour it in the reclaimer does that automatically put the pump head to the proper level? Also if you have the air filter off the pump is it likely that oil will come out of that suction port? Theron

mountainvan
08-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Theron, The only time oil should be going into the pump is when it is under vacuum. There should be a stone or brass filter where the lines come out of the reclaimer that keeps the oil from dripping when the pump is not running. Oil will come out of the suction side when the pump stops and there is vacuum in the tubing. That's the reason for a check valve between the pump and moisture trap. Thought you were all high vacuum liquid ring?

PATheron
08-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Mountainvan- Thanks for the info, Im interested in maybe using the dairy pumps on small amounts of taps and I dont really know what Im doing with them. I have one spot with around 300 on hedgerows that I want to tap in and let my boys take care of it. I thought Id put an sp-22 on it. I also have some vane pumps that I want to see if they work ok and if I cant afford to buy a ring pump one year Ill tube in a bigger bush and put the dairy pump on it. Theron