PDA

View Full Version : Met a member

Fred Henderson
08-12-2009, 07:27 PM
I had the opportunity on 11 Aug 09 to met one of our members. He goes by the screen name of Super Sappy. After first meeting him I see where the super part comes from. What a great person, hard working man he is. His setup may be small but professional in every way. We swapped a few ideas and I left him at his SH. As I drove back north I brought with me fond memories of our meeting that will surely last for many years.

HHM-07
08-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Fred, I also met one of our members on the 4th of july in the emergency room kerbs hospilal , had my appendics out, your apt to meet these guys anywhere

Dick

KenWP
08-15-2009, 07:08 PM
I have met one member from on here. Another member stopped by one day but I was out in the woods and missed him. Maybe another time.

Fred Henderson
08-15-2009, 08:48 PM
The memories of that trip will last me for a very long. About 30 miles from my home we came onto a car in the ditch on its top and a young man walking in the road with a cell phone to his ear telling the 911 operator that he a had no idea where he was, and well so. He was from Brockton, Mass. I took the phone and gave precise a location. All that military training came back immediately. Being Vol fireman and trained in fire police I continued to direct traffic until after the injured were removed and on their way to the hospital. We checked the hospital later and all were OK.