PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas Price

Farmboy
08-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Cabelas gets 70 bucks a gallon that is crazy.

Haynes Forest Products
08-05-2009, 12:38 AM
NO thats what we call GOOD.

Dave Y
08-05-2009, 05:31 AM
I get $80 a gal, if i sell it by 1/2 pints!

Farmboy
08-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Most guys in my area are getting between $50 and $60.

Fred Henderson
08-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Most guys in my area are getting between $50 and $60.

Eevn at that price its high. I think that the area we live in and the means of the people of that area have a lot to do with seting the price. No one wants to or can afford lose money. But neither can we afford to price ours self out of business.

KenWP
08-05-2009, 07:49 PM
I will sell my first 4 liter jug of syrup this week and I don't have the heart to over charge at the moment. I figure $40 bucks if fair for my first big sale as I got $5 for the test jug out of the lady last week. That works out to $45 bucks a gallon which is $9 cheaper then my next cheapest competitor.And that is syrup packed in 540ml cans.

3rdgen.maple
08-05-2009, 10:07 PM
High prices from our competitors is a good thing guys. Next time you go to Cabela's or a tourist trap let them know their prices are too low......
Under pricing kills any market. I have never had anyone question my pricing ever. Funny how people will debate the price to get there car fixed but when it comes to luxery items they don't question it. Don't undersell yourselfs. The day somebody questions my prices I will invite them to tag along and see all the work that is involved. I gotta start keeping a log of what I do and for how long one of these years so I can actually see what kinda profit I am making. I'm guessing something like .10 cents an hour.

KenWP
08-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Considering it took me anywheres up to 15 hours a gallon just to boil down the sap for a gallon of syrup plus the wood plus the time it took me to haul the sap home in 5 gallon buckets plus the bottles and jugs to store the syrup I would say a guy dosn't make much on syrup. Guess the payback is when I get to eat it.

Farmboy
08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
I was just at a local farmers stand and they were selling a quart for $25. It was from another farm they were just selling it.

3rdgen.maple
08-11-2009, 02:28 PM
local flea market 38 a quart and it was selling.

Farmboy
08-11-2009, 08:11 PM
local flea market 38 a quart and it was selling.

Now that rediculis

3rdgen.maple
08-11-2009, 09:25 PM
It sure is but it is a good thing for me. You gotta remember I am in a fisherman's tourist trap. Alot of Fish camps or atleast that is what they call them I call most of them a fisherman's mansion. Alot of well to do people have bought land here at a ridiculous price. Power company sold the land on both sides of me a few years ago. 3 plots undeveloped, each one was 10 acres and they got 140,000 for each one. I am glad the fisherman bought them and put fishing mansions up cause they are only here 2 months a year. Plus all three of them are super nice people and It gives my daughter a summer job of mowing camp lawns. They pay her 25 bucks each a week to mow the grass. I went into the wrong business. I made a deal to plow there driveways and keep an eye on them, kick trespasser out etc.... and in return I can cut wood off there land and tap there trees. Well I don't really need the trees for wood or sap but Being able to hunt exclusivley on it makes it worth while.

C.Wilcox
08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Going price around here seems to be anywhere from $10 to $13 bucks a quart. Seems a lot more reasonable than $38.

ziggy
08-12-2009, 06:32 AM
$38 a quart seems a lot more reasonable to me if I am the one selling. I would even sleep good at night at those prices, well I would after the money settled into place in the matress so it was not lumpy.

Randy Brutkoski
08-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I would say anywhere between $15 to $20 would be the right price for a quart, you dont want 4 quarts to add up to the same price as if you were buying a gallon jug, makes no sense, more work, more money for the jug.

ennismaple
08-13-2009, 11:06 AM
The price at Costco around here for 1 L (basically the same as a quart) is $15. I don't want to be nearly as cheap as Costco so I guess my prices need to go up!

Whitetail24
08-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Ennis

I have been getting $20.00 a liter, no questions ask, down here in the southern part of Ontario.
The bigger fellas are getting $60.00 to $75.00 for a 4 liter jug.

Whitetail24

ennismaple
08-13-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm close to that but slightly under for my 1L and 4L jugs. Looks like it's time for an increase!

KenWP
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I sold my first 4 liter jug of dark dark syrup for $40 bucks. If you go to the right place they will sell you 8x540ml cans for $54 that is in the one store. I have not priced out some of the farmers with signs out around here since I wouldn't be buying I would hate to bother them.

Brent
09-05-2009, 08:34 PM
we put our prices on our web site and use that printout to sell off the front porch and at a local market.

In the plainest bottle we can find it goes for $ 20 a liter and a 4 liter bottle at $ 58.

Sold 80% of last years crop in 3 weeks at the market. Had many return customers to the front porch.

I think if your pricing is in the ballpark your OK. If you're to high you'll find out. Lots of one time customers and few repeats

PS: we sell all grades at the same price and after giving folks at market little spoonfuls to sample, almost everyone wanted the darkest stuff we had, which was medium, and it sold out first.

KenWP
09-05-2009, 08:57 PM
My sister in law was here today and she mentioned she liked dark syrup. She left with a liter of dark syrup and she took a extra liter to take back home for my family in Alberta also. I gave a sample to a lady in school from Mexico and she wants a gallon of the stuff to so I fell pretty good that people like my syrup and will actually buy the stuff from me.
I have to figure out a selling stratagy now. I just have to figure out how to convince myself its worth $50 bucks a gallon. Of course the jugs actually hold 4 liters but looks plenty big to me.

Brent
09-05-2009, 09:00 PM
One other thing about high prices.

We're a few minutes north of the Toronto Int'l Airport.

I can't tell you how many people come to us to stock up and pack in luggage, before they fly overseas. All of them bitch about the high prices at the airport duty free.

We luv it !