PDA

View Full Version : Maple Equipment dealers in western MA

Farmboy
08-02-2009, 09:23 PM
I am wondering if there are any maple equipment dealers in western MA. Last year a friend of my dads boiled all of my sap but this tar I want to have my own setup. He may be selling his so who noes. Are there any maple shugarers in hampden county because I want to look at other peoples setups.

Clan Delaney
08-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Farmboy, I've just moved your post to a thread where it'll likely get better responses.

As to who's close by... I'm in Belchertown, though I don't have much more than a nifty shack to shop off right now (still shoping for the evap) and the forum admin, mapleman3 (Jim), is also in south Belchertown. He's got a setup worth visiting.

Devon Lane Farm Supply (again, in B-town) sells buckets, tubing, bottles, filters, etc. Though I've never dealt with them personally, Dufresne's (http://www.berkshiremaple.com/sugarmaking.htm) on Rte. 9 in Williamsburg is a commercial dealer for CDL and Dallaire, both manufacturers of evaporators.

brookledge
08-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Red Bucket Sugar Shack in Worthington probably has more in stock than anyone from used equipment to new. Dufresne is probably a close second.
Keith

softmaple
08-04-2009, 12:38 PM
hey farm boy im in agawam next to the CT river your welcome to stop by and see my 2x4 setup. were not to far away

Mike