PDA

View Full Version : Bou-matic tank with vane pump?

HazensNotchSugarShack
07-12-2009, 08:36 PM
How can I find info on this vane pump. I was told it was 5hp but there is no motor. How can I find out the cfm of this pump it says it was made in England. Very new to this vac thing so any help is greatly appreciated. Rick:o

dschultz
07-12-2009, 10:02 PM
call Bou-Matic they will know

Haynes Forest Products
07-12-2009, 11:27 PM
I googled Bou-Matic and found alot of info so thats the way I start working up the information tree. Start with Teck support tell them what you have. I would ask HP rating, RPMs how it was oiled and if parts are available. Alot of times you can down load the operations manual. Remember its the detective work thats the fun part. I alway ask what the pump would cost to replace if you cant find parts. I find that if you start out telling them that your rebuilding a peice of equipment they tend to be more helpful than if you tell them you found a scrap pump and that your fishing for answers.

HazensNotchSugarShack
07-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Been trying that and no luck so far. They have two models f3 and f4. don't know which I have! Bou-matic's phone number does not work 608-222-3484
I am curious if I ran this with a smaller motor what vac could I draw?

Haynes Forest Products
07-13-2009, 08:56 PM
I ran across a few comanys that sell repair parts. They know more about them than the company. When you say a smaller motor how do you know what it should have had??? I would take the time and work the grape vine of people that have used that pump and then decide what is best for your situation. A smaller pump could stall under high vacuum and cause the motor to overheat or just plain pop the breaker every time it trys to start. I would think that pump doesnt need alot of RPMs to pull high vacuum. I over speeded my first pump thinking thats how you get high vac and CFMs but I found at a nice steady lower RPM I was making good vac (26) and adequate CFMs for my system. Its either 3450 or 1725 RPMs in that range so Im thinking 1725.

HazensNotchSugarShack
07-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the help Haynes. The farmer I got it from told me it was 5hp. I just talked to "Parts Dept" dairy equiptment and they said that the FR4-A uses a 5hp motor 1750 rpm. 48cfm. I asked what cfm it would draw with a 3hp motor he said about 35 cfm. The FR-3 uses a 3hp motor not a 5. He also told me a delaval 76 (with 2hp 20 cfm)( with 3hp 36 cfm) would run cooler than the bou_matic at higher vac 22"+ because of more cast iron to disperse heat. When used in dairy industry only pull 14". I am going to look to see how to convert cfm's to number of taps!
Haynes I had a female yellow lab years ago I will never forget! Great dog! Rick

Haynes Forest Products
07-14-2009, 07:45 PM
HNSS Toss the calculator away your fine with the CFMs Lets work on the higher vacuum. PM your email and Ill send pics of my gas Massport. With what I see on your truck I would plumb that so the exhaust goes into the tank and then out thru a reclaimer and I would fill that tank 1/2 full of oil of your chosing and then put a spin on oil filter Ebay is good and suck the oil out from the tank thru the filter and into the intake and the bearings and let her rip. Get fancy and get a junk yard trans cooler off a truck and put it after the filter and you will have a system that will run 24/7 with high vacuum.

HazensNotchSugarShack
07-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Haynes. I couldn't do that to that awesome stainless vac tank. I'll gladly weld up another stainless tank that could sit a little higher. It just happens that I have an old truck transmission cooler available. Sounds like a plan coming together. I was going to use the vac tank so no liquid could ever get to the pump. Now if I only knew more about reclaimers! How to build one!

Haynes Forest Products
07-15-2009, 11:39 PM
I think your better off using that tank as a oil reserve tank It looks like the pump is set up for oil lines to the bearings. Are you planning on using a releaser? put the word out for a DeLaval moisture trap. If you run the exhaust into the booster it will slow down and alot of the oil mist will condense in the tank. I have one more SS reclaimer that needs filters and some washers and nuts to hold the filters in place. I did a google search last year and found replacement filters for about $60.00 (3) of them they are the coalesing type. PM me if your intrested.

HazensNotchSugarShack
07-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Haqynes you need to clear you pm box it's full!
When you say exhaust do you mean the outlet side of the pump.

Haynes Forest Products
07-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Yes. you can call me to 303 8105501