PDA

View Full Version : Evaporator for sale

3rdgen.maple
07-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Looking at the local swap sheet looking for goodies and came across this add in the paper Stainless Steel evaporator 5 x 12 with steam hood oil or wood fired $ 2,200 Located in Parish NY 315-247-0314
I am gonna call tomorrow to see if they have anything else. If anybody is interested I can go look at it and send you some pictures if need be. They are within 20 miles of me but I don't Know who it is.

syrupkid
07-09-2009, 02:56 PM
how old is this evaporator

3rdgen.maple
07-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Syrupkid I called him today to get a little more info. He is going out of business and selling cheap. The forest tent worm catapillars devastated his sugargrove over the past few years and claims that 75% of his sugars have died and the rest don't look good. He says it is a drop flue and believes it is all welded. Did not know the year, he took the operation over from a relative and the evaporator was already there. Funny thing is he has other equipment but did not seem to want to tell me what. Said it all goes with the evaporator but he is keeping the tanks. I offered to buy the other equipment if he was interested in seperating it and he said no, sentimental reasons I guess just wants the stuff to stay together. Kinda of wierd too that he mentioned the thing has been listed for 2 weeks and he has not had a single call and today alone he has gotten 9 calls on it. So how bout it how many called him from the trader? But like I said before he is close to me so I can take a look at it if someone wants.