PDA

View Full Version : which is better

butch361
06-30-2009, 09:13 PM
I am building a 27" x 57" flat pan for a fuel oil tank evaporator. The million dollar question is. Which would be better dividers that run across or length wise? Thanks Butch

3rdgen.maple
06-30-2009, 10:58 PM
you will get a million answers as well I vote for across I like the finishing end at the door where the heat is

KenWP
06-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Build it half length wise and half cross ways. Then you will have the best of both worlds.

Haynes Forest Products
07-01-2009, 12:25 AM
KenWP has it the way its done now with the store baughts. You want the syrup pan going side to side so the temp is consistant so you can control the finest detail of the finishing. I dont thing the sap/flue pan is as critical. I would like to know what a side to side 3x10 all the way down start to finish would be like. Im sure there is one in the R+D scrap pile at CDL.

brookledge
07-01-2009, 07:42 PM
To bad you aren't making a square pan then you could rotate the pan 90 degrees to change the way the dividers go. Otherwise I don't think it will make that much difference. The one thing to keep in mind when bricking is to not block to much of the pan at the top of the arch. If you go with parallel dividers and half of the outside channel is blocked underneath from the bricks then you will be unhappy
Keith