PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-15-2005, 09:59 PM
We always thought Jim(mapleman) was a celebrity, but now he has hit it big time.(Hope he still remembers us :lol: :lol: :oops: ) He is now OFFICIALLY ON THE MASS MAPLE ASSOCIATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND I WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO CONGRATULATE HIM! :D :D :D 8) Amazing how quick he has moved up in maple and if you know him, you would know why. Probably even be the Mass Maple president in less than five years.

On behalf of everyone in the trader family -- Congrats and they couldn't have found a better person if they looked for 50 years! :D :D :D :D :D No kidding! I mean it!!! :D :D :D :mrgreen:

mapleman3
01-15-2005, 11:04 PM
ok ok calm down :wink: and thanks
I'm just helping the association as best I can, who knows what is involved, hopefully I can meet their expectations. it is a great association and encourage all to join their state producers associations too...

as far as president... um right :lol: they already have someone more than capable.

themapleking
01-16-2005, 06:08 AM
Now that you got your foot in the door. Get your state going on a maple weekened. The producers and public will enjoy it.

Al
01-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Well there he go's. Proberly never go on a hunting trip again. :D What a year. Big hunting trip, Red Sox win the title and now your on the Mass Maple board. Remember us small hobby guys! Really. Congrats and have fun with it.

Race
01-16-2005, 08:03 AM
Jim ,
You have have done much for maple on this board . It is nice to to see you involved at the state level as well .
Best wishes ---- Race in Wisconsin

mapleman3
01-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Thanks really you guys, Al, too funny, I do wan t to do a "hunting trip" again for sure, but this time I'll bring more blankets 8O , Race thanks for the kind words :D . Joe, we do have a march maple month with a celebratory kick off and tree tapping day, but I'm not sure if there is a "maple day" as far as folks touring different sugarhouses.
Mass sugarers get together with their local resturaunts and offer specials made with maple syrup(other than breakfast) the syrup is from the local sugarhouse, and literature and even displays are setup to show how it's done, in addition to that there is literature and sugarhouse directories at the resturaunts for folks who do want to see the real operation. so really it is a month long "tour" any sugarhouse can do it.

Mike
01-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Congrats Jim !!! You going to have time to sugar this year... :lol: .....Can ya fill me in on the hunting trip?????? I must of missed that one......

mapleman3
01-16-2005, 10:35 AM
the "hunting trip" was up in the Adirondaks with Syrupmaker and his Dad and another guy Pete, and then Al showed up unanounced bearing heat in the form of a well needed proppane heater, we were thrilled when al rounded the corner of the campsite.. we were hoping he would show... it was a pretty cold weekend and mostly stood around the fire and ate... ate.. ate .. and ate some more.. oh and sure 1 or 2 beers too :wink:

I think Rick walked in the woods for a couple minutes with his gun.. so technically it was a hunting trip

syrupmaker
01-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Might not have spent alot of time actually hunting in the woods,but fishing from the cooler your always guarenteed to catch your limit of any species in there. Even hunted from under the pine tree by the fire. :wink:

The HONORABLE MAPLEMAN3 will still bless us with his gift of gab and typing.Wonder if he will have time for hunting trips anymore?

So how big are your lips now? :P

Rick

mapleman3
01-16-2005, 12:46 PM
:wink: 8)

Ed K
01-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Jim, now that your on the board, your entittled to host the maple picknic and run the maple booth at the big E :wink:
Ed

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Whoooooo! better look out Jim, everyone will have your number now! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mapleman3
01-17-2005, 07:00 PM
Woah Ed :wink: baby steps!! but I am excited on all the stuff that is happening with the maple industry, it floored me to here what can happen if the Asian longhornned beetle does get loose and in the forests... they say it can..would bring the maple industry to a halt!!
They say that it comes over in crates and otherstuff from china!

Ed K
01-19-2005, 08:04 PM
I would think that if the ALB,gets out of control, it'll be just like the chesnut blite or the dutch elm. I have heard horror stories that the ALB, would take out a lot more than just Maple. To the point to where the entire forest industry would take a major hit.