PDA

View Full Version : Fire Box Door?

PARKER MAPLE
06-18-2009, 07:47 PM
does anybody know where i could pick up a fire box door for my 2x6 unit, its a leader that i picked up used and it needs some work and just want to replaced the door instead of trying to fix it. also is there any genaric brands out there, one size fits all type of deal?? thanks

KenWP
06-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Every firebox I have found around here has the doors missing or in bad shape. I have some heavy steel that if I need to make a door I can use that. You would think living in the land of maple syrup that maple stuff would abound but so far I haven't seen to much.

PARKER MAPLE
06-19-2009, 04:17 AM
Yes Me Too, Im Having Trouble Even Finding One Online..im Thinking If Intergrating One Off An Old Wood Stove If I Can Find One That Simular. What Do You Think, It Should Hold Up Right??

Fred Henderson
06-19-2009, 07:20 AM
have you ask Leader if you can get one from them?

mapleack
06-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Maple Rookie, what exactly is wrong with the door? If its cracked, a welder that knows what they're doing can repair cracked cast iron and get you years more service out of that door.

Z/MAN
06-19-2009, 10:24 AM
My local ACE HARDWARE store carries doors for homemade woodstoves. I don't know the brand offhand but I have heard of them talked about on this site in the past. If you are interested I could check them out for you?
Paul

PARKER MAPLE
06-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Maple Rookie, what exactly is wrong with the door? If its cracked, a welder that knows what they're doing can repair cracked cast iron and get you years more service out of that door.

not only cracked but it is warped amy from the arch. like nothing i have ever seen before. if i can get the pictures up on here i will, youv got to see this. somebody had this thing hotttttt...
i would be interested in the brand name and size if you would, that would be awesome.

KenWP
06-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Thats why you should insulate your door also. Keeps it from warping.

PARKER MAPLE
06-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Thats why you should insulate your door also. Keeps it from warping.

THERE ISNT ANY BRACKETRY ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE DOOR TO APPLY ANY FIRE BRICK IF THATS WHAT YOUR IMPLYING, WHAT WOULD YOU DO HAVE SOME WELDED ON?

brookledge
06-19-2009, 07:48 PM
like Fred said Have you called Leader? You should be able to get replacement parts unless it is very old.
Keith

PARKER MAPLE
06-19-2009, 08:05 PM
i will try them in the morning, if not i talked to a welder friend who can make on up for me, and i disscused about adding some angle iron to the back of door to hold the fire brick on the backside.. we will see what he can come up with, worse case..

Thompson's Tree Farm
06-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Maple Rookie,
The fire brick will be pretty heavy on the door. Check through the old postings, others have put some type of blanket insulation on. fastened with stainless bolts I believe.

KenWP
06-19-2009, 10:38 PM
To hold the blanket insulation you either weld bolts on the door or you drill holes to instal bolts. Makes the door a lot cooler.

3rdgen.maple
06-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Maple rookie got any measurements? I have a set of double doors that I have no idea where I got them and what size arch they fit. Also have a 2x6 arch that I retired with a decent single door on it, I have been debating to rebuild the arch or scrap it. She is in rough shape and was my grandfathers so it has a little sentimental value in her. Get a measurement maybe the double doors will work for you. I would recomend a double door anyways.

PARKER MAPLE
06-20-2009, 11:31 AM
im looking at around 14wx 16h looks as if it about 38 thick.. thanks

3rdgen.maple
06-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Maple rookie I have not forgotten about the doors just been busy I will try to get a measurement off them tomorrow and see if I can get a pic for you also.

PARKER MAPLE
06-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Thanks 3rdgen, That Would Be Great..

Z/MAN
06-24-2009, 09:03 PM
I checked the Ace Hardware store and they don't have the stove door in stock for the summer so I can't get you the details of it. There is a picture of the door they usually have in this link to E-Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180372777800&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

3rdgen.maple
06-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Maple rookie take a look at Russell Lamproon's pictures, when you get to the one of his evaporator those are the same style doors I have. Is that the right setup or are you in need of the square ones? If the are right I will get them out and get true measurements for you if they are not the same sorry don't think they will work let me know.

PARKER MAPLE
06-26-2009, 11:56 AM
thanks 3rdgen. i pm you early this morning. i checked out his doors i believe they would work.:D