PDA

View Full Version : crystalized sryup

Greenthumb
01-13-2005, 08:40 PM
why did some of my glass jars and plastic quart jars get a small layer of crystalized sryup in the bottom this year.

thanks

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Most syrup will develop crystals in the bottom of the containers if it sets for several months without being disturbed. If you move the containers once a month and disturb the syrup a little, this will eliminate most of it.

It also develops when the density is too high. The higher the density, the more likely they will develop and the more of them there will be. :?

Sweber
02-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Greenthumb, WVMaple is right. You are more likely to see crystals if you overheat your syrup. Don't worry cause it's just maple candy :D If you can get it out it's a great treat.

ebourassa
02-19-2005, 09:17 PM
I never tried this yet but some one told me to put in some water and put in the microwave for about 30 second and it will turn back to syrup, makes sense.
erik

Seibold's Sugarhouse
11-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Hello,
Does anybody have any good methods to remove/disslove the crystallized syrup in the bottom of glass jars? I have four maple leafs that have crystallized and I would like to bring tham back to normal without repacking. I have read about a few different methods but I would like to know which is the best.

Thanks,
Jason

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
11-25-2005, 01:44 PM
post edited