PDA

View Full Version : Correct way to brick a 4X10 leader arch

HazensNotchSugarShack
06-07-2009, 04:28 PM
I bought this arch and never saw it bricked. I assume I start at the bottom of the sides and brick up to the sheetmetal lip sticking in and then continue up. Do you do the back first or the sides?:confused: What do you do at the back of the fire box where the grates sit?:confused: Do I brick up to the sheetmetal lip and then put one brick on top for the grates to sit on? :confused: I plan on bricking the entire arch. Do I use the refractory cement after I line it with bricks or do I use the refractory cement like mortor between each brick?:confused: Or do i just sell everything and just buy a gallon of syrup every year? Rick

hard maple
06-07-2009, 05:49 PM
yeah
just buy your syrup from me, after five years for a nominal fee I'll come brick your arch!!
check out some of the pics here, should answer your questions.

PARKER MAPLE
06-08-2009, 05:03 AM
yeah
just buy your syrup from me, after five years for a nominal fee I'll come brick your arch!!
check out some of the pics here, should answer your questions.

HEY HARD MAPLE, WHAT AN AWESOME SUGAR HOUSE.. IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING WHAT ARE THE DEMENSIONS?? THAT THING IS JUST PERFECT..

hard maple
06-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks maple rookie
10x14 I wanna say
maybe it's 12x14?
with a 8 x14 woodshed
I meant some of the other producers have some good bricked arch pics
westvirginia mapler has a few. there are others as well.

michiganfarmer
06-08-2009, 10:21 AM
I only brick the fire box to protect the insulation board from firewood chewing it up. I brick up the sides of the fire box, then I lay brick on the slope leading to the flue pan. Then I just use insulation board under the flue pan.

HazensNotchSugarShack
06-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks Mich farmer I am going to brick the whole thing because the brick was free. Just happened to be on a job where a very large 1921 boiler was demo'd and they were glad to get rid of the bricks. Rick

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
06-14-2009, 03:30 PM
I have some pics in my weblink in my signature of my evaporator after it was firebricked a few years ago as was mentioned in an ealier post if it helps you any. I had some extra refractory cement and thus the inside of the fire bricks got a coating also.