PDA

View Full Version : where to get heart shaped glass containers?

ctjim
06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
i'm getting married in about 1 yr or so and we're looking to do heart shaped glass nips for favors or even the gallone nips. i know i can get the gallone nips from bascoms, but the heart shaped ones seem hard to come by. also can someone steer me towards a supplier of these or someone who can get them and also possibly have them custom printed as well. thanks for any help in advance, jim

brookledge
06-04-2009, 09:34 PM
As far as custom printing are you looking for etching or labels?
Keith

maplehound
06-04-2009, 10:09 PM
I used both the heart shaped ones and the maple leaf ones for our wedding. I just made a hanging tag from a business card stock that was folded in half with what I wanted printed on it. made them myself using a labeling or business card program. The only thing about the heart shaped nips is that they should be waxed to make sure they seal properly.

KenWP
06-04-2009, 10:32 PM
What are nips anyways.

3rdgen.maple
06-04-2009, 10:39 PM
http://www.jedsmaple.com/php/wedding.php They have some pretty good looking heart shaped bottles. I think that the tags would look great on the bottles as well. I have been in the printing business for along time and can tell you the cheapest way to label these is either a tag or a stick on printed label. The problem with the stick on label is unless you can get them custom die cut to fit the heart shape of the bottle they will have wrinkles in them. You can screenprint them also, but not just any screenprinter can do it. There is a special machine to screenprint on bottles and I think there would have to be custom made holder to rotate the bottle as it is printed. Then there is the cost of artwork, screens and setup time. Of course the more you have done the cheaper per peice it is. You will probably have a few hundred bucks invested even before a bottle hits the machine. Hope any of this helps.
Okay I think I messed up. I guess you are looking for just the bottles. Here is another place to get them and they will print on them as well but only problem is they are filled with syrup. http://www.elsiesdaughter.com I would contact either one of these sights and see if you can strike a deal on just the bottles or atleast get a lead on where you can purchase them.

maplehound
06-05-2009, 08:16 AM
i think that both Leader and D&G cary the maple leaf nips. I am not sure if anyone else does or not. When I bought them I had to get them buy the case of 50 at a time I believe. So check with you local dealers

3rdgen.maple
06-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Checked the leader catolog and they show a heart shaped nip item number 07417 stupid thing is they show a picture of it with the item number and when you look on the price list it is not there. If you go to there website it is not listed and if you punch the item number in it is invlaid. I would call them and request more info. 802 868 5444

brookledge
06-06-2009, 06:51 AM
KenWP
Nips are a term derived from alcohol. The tiny bottles(50ml) that are sold at liquor stores are called nips. Then when the maple industry started using them for things like wedding favors everybody called them nips
Keith

KenWP
06-06-2009, 07:06 AM
No wonder I don't have any vices so never go into those kind of places. D&G sold out a lot of glasss bottles this year. They had some good prices on odd shaped bottles that they discontinued

vermaple
06-06-2009, 08:55 AM
i'm getting married in about 1 yr or so and we're looking to do heart shaped glass nips for favors or even the gallone nips. i know i can get the gallone nips from bascoms, but the heart shaped ones seem hard to come by. also can someone steer me towards a supplier of these or someone who can get them and also possibly have them custom printed as well. thanks for any help in advance, jim

Do you have an approximate number that you will need? I may be able to help.

ejmaple
06-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey Jim,
I'm not sure about the printing, but here's a link to a place to get heart shaped bottles http://www.wholesaleglassbottles.com/100202--100ml-italian-glass-heart--12-pieces.html . We used these for our wedding favors and they worked well.

vermaple
06-25-2009, 08:14 AM
I have about 1-1/2 cases 40ml heart nips(I think about 100+-/case) That I would sell.
vermaple

DanE.
06-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Hey Jim,
I'm not sure about the printing, but here's a link to a place to get heart shaped bottles http://www.wholesaleglassbottles.com/100202--100ml-italian-glass-heart--12-pieces.html . We used these for our wedding favors and they worked well.

I took a look at this site and it appears that most is not all uses corks. How many people bottle their syrup this way? Dane

C.Wilcox
06-26-2009, 11:18 AM
No wonder I don't have any vices so never go into those kind of places. D&G sold out a lot of glasss bottles this year. They had some good prices on odd shaped bottles that they discontinued

Ken,

No vices???? I disagree. Your active participation on this forum suggests you have a HUGE vice. It's called Maple Syrup. :)