PDA

View Full Version : Labeling

briduhunt
06-04-2009, 08:00 AM
I have about 24 clear 8 oz. bottles of syrup I want to sell and my questions is what type of label do I need to put on it other than my anme and address along with the grade sticker. Do I need to label it something like 100% Pure maple Syrup"?

Haynes Forest Products
06-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Well it depends if your going to sell it to your friends or the public. In wisc. you need nutritional label on the back with volume clearly marked on both sides. You will need to list who made it and who put it in the bottle. The best way to start is look at other type of products.
If you decide your going to expand and continue to sell to the public start with the label you want to end up with.

briduhunt
06-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info. I do have the bottles labled with the volume in the bottles and my name and address but I was not sure if I needed to lable it " Maple Syrup" As I am selling it this weekend at a local festivial along with candy and maple cotton candy.

Thompson's Tree Farm
06-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Brian,
In NY it needs to be labeled with the product (Pure Maple Syrup), volume, your name and address, USDA Grade A. It is your choice whether to label with the color but if you do it must be correct.
Doug

Haynes Forest Products
06-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I would also add the the words pure maple syrup is your strongest selling point and should be the main focus of the ladel. I and I think most of us would shy away from a product that didnt have its main ingrediant the focal point. That is what im most proud of is that what I do is make....redundent I might add is make 100% pure maple syrup.

I would stay away from pure gold 89.987% fine

3rdgen.maple
06-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Birduhunt Do a search on this website http://www.nysmaple.com/industry_information.html
It should answer your questions.