PDA

View Full Version : New Finish pans

Haynes Forest Products
05-26-2009, 02:26 PM
I just orderd 2 new 18" X 36" finish pans from Maple Pro to replace the ones I set fire to.They are going use my Waterloo Small pan as a pattern. CDL will make me new ones just like the waterloos. Now what does a guy do with the old ones? My wife had a suggestion but I cant print it with the new profanity blocker in place so Im going to make a less painful list

1) sell them as is for flat pan 4 compartment pans
2) make a finisher set up and sell
3) try and make a piggy back setup with them
4) install steam tubes and try and make a preheater out of them
5) scrap them
6) handcuff myself to them when Im running the evap so I never burn the new ones?

RileySugarbush
05-26-2009, 02:39 PM
I vote for #6

KenWP
05-26-2009, 03:03 PM
7 mail them to me prepaid.

3rdgen.maple
05-26-2009, 09:03 PM
8. Save them Haynes. They owe you nothing. If you can still boil on them whatsoever it is a security blanket just in case. I have a set of just in case pans that will forever remain in the sugarhouse so long as they fit the arch. I have not needed them yet but the day I get rid of them I will.

mapleack
05-27-2009, 10:27 AM
8. Save them Haynes. They owe you nothing. If you can still boil on them whatsoever it is a security blanket just in case. I have a set of just in case pans that will forever remain in the sugarhouse so long as they fit the arch. I have not needed them yet but the day I get rid of them I will.

I second 3rdgen's opinion. Save 'em for spares. My syrup pan got burnt this year with 800 gal of sap waiting. It scared the crap out of me until I was sure the pan would still hold syrup. I'm planning on a new one for next season as well, and the old one will be there "just in case".

Brent
05-29-2009, 11:13 AM
at the beginning of the 2010 season get everything together, place them on the floor by the evap with the new pans, step in, pour in cement and wait.

KenWP
05-29-2009, 01:40 PM
That will teach him to wander off for a couple hours and not burn his pans. I can see the order form for the new pans. Hightest steel rings welded to the cornors please. Must be big enough to allow 3/8 chain to pass through.

Haynes Forest Products
05-29-2009, 03:21 PM
OK how did you guys get my wifes phone number. I keep telling myself that the new pans will be cool. Im getting CDL to put drain fitting/box in the middle of the other side at the divider pass thru so I can hook up my cleaning system that Im in the prosess of making. It will have more valves, pumps, filters and tubing than most ROs and your vacuum systems.