PDA

View Full Version : Firetruck Tank

Z/MAN
05-24-2009, 09:46 PM
My cousin collects old trucks and just bought an old firetruck. He wants to sell the 2,500 gallon water tank off it. Can the rusty inside be coated with something for use as a sap tank? Just wondering if someone can use it.

Haynes Forest Products
05-24-2009, 10:56 PM
The cool thing about a good rusty tank is it wont hurt you unless you try and eat it. And then most likely its the cuts in your mouth that will hurt. If you have cast iron or steel pipes in your house your drinking water that is stored in a rusty tank. unless your hot water heater is SS your using water from a rusty tank.

halfast tapper
05-25-2009, 04:29 AM
No a rusty tank won't hurt you , but it will hurt sap and make poor grades.

3% Solution
05-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Z/MAN,
Stay away from it.
You have no idea what has been put in there.
Foam may have been batch mixed in there, which you really don't want in you!!
Another thing may have been wet water, you don't want that either!!
These two firefighting agents may not be in there now, but I wouldn't take the chance!!!
Just the two cents of an old firefighter!

Dave

KenWP
05-25-2009, 07:02 AM
And from my experience firetrucks have been filled from from some questionable water sources also. Many a slough has been pumped for water close by a fire.

twobears1224
05-25-2009, 07:33 AM
i had two 800 gallon fire truck tanks.my dad used one to rebuild his arch.it made a great very stout arch.i,am going to use the other one to rebuild my arch.

delbert

Z/MAN
05-26-2009, 06:47 PM
I don't need a tank that big. I thought it might be useful to someone here but I never thought about the chemicals etc that might have entered it! That's why I like this site, there are enough people on here to give all kinds of answers.
Paul