PDA

View Full Version : New to tubing

Woody
05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Is there a book or article out there covering the major points of developing a gravity pipeline system? I like buckets but have a few areas where a tube system makes good sense.

thanks

brookledge
05-13-2009, 09:03 PM
There are some publications about tubing but I would suggest you purchase a copy of the "North American Maple Syrup Producers Manual" It is well worth it since it covers every aspect of sugaring. it is available online through some assoc. and equipment dealers.
Keith

220 maple
05-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Woody,
The best money you can spend is buying the second edition of the North American Maple Producer Manuel. I consider it required reading for any serious Maple Producer.

Mark 220 Maple

skillet
06-05-2009, 05:56 PM
I second that, I just purchased the manual from Ohio state unv. for 25$ best money i have spent yet.

5poorsaps
06-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Your correct! That manual is very well written, easy to follow, and covers 100% of everything that you would need to know about sugaring. It gets into different maple products (candy, creme, etc) and covers everything!

What I am wondering is if there are any books similar on RO and Vacuum systems. I am finally going to bite the bullet and go for it for this next season and would really like to understand it prior to spending another 24 grand. Any suggestions?

KenWP
06-06-2009, 07:39 PM
What we need is a maple Syrup for Dummies book. Should be able to sell a copy to everyone on this site and a couple even could use two copies.

brookledge
06-07-2009, 08:42 PM
5poorsaps

As far as technical advice that should be part of your purchase of the RO I have been told by many that the rep will come and give a good hands on. Not sure if all manufactuers do that though.
The NAMSPM only covers the topic in general since every type of Ro operates slightly different. The NAMSPM has to remain non-bias so going into detail on how one RO operates would not be fair to the others.
Keith

5poorsaps
06-09-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks Keith.

I figured the Reps would be their to help. Trying to figure out which one is the best for the price is the hard part. Leader is starting testing on a new one that is self draining and is literally half the price. I think I'm going to wait to see what comes from that and pick their brains a little. Thanks again!

maplemat1
07-31-2009, 05:00 AM
there is a lot of good things in that book .thought i knew it all but started to read and found out a lot more .:mrgreen: :mrgreen: