PDA

View Full Version : Well pump

Mark
05-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Does anyone have any experience in putting a well pump inside an electrical extractor to get around the problems with pump priming at high vacuum levels?

brookledge
05-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Mine is outside and I have two check valves and have never had a problem with losing prime after it gets primed the first day of the season.
What do you think is causing yours to lose prime?
Keith

maplecrest
05-13-2009, 09:03 PM
you need to drill a small hole in the discharge pipe inside the releaser it will spray inside the releaser but will not get air bound

Mark
05-14-2009, 09:15 AM
The pump works fine when below 25 inches but if you get to 27 inches every thing changes. You get to a point where the seal spring is not strong enough and the seal lifts off the face or tears the seal. This is on a goulds NPE pump. Does any one have experience at running 27 inches with an electric extractor, my plan B is a mechanical extractor but would rather stay with what I have.

maplecrest
05-14-2009, 09:43 AM
what is the diameter of the releaser. i have an lapierre that was an electric 20inch in diameter. i put a goulds 1hp effulent submersible pump in that works off a float switch to a controler. drilled a small hole in the side of the discharge pipe before it leaves the releaser. the other one i am working on is a mechanical releaser with a well pump behind the float so if power was off the releaser would still work. mechanical releasers do not work well at 27 inches

Mark
05-16-2009, 11:07 AM
You say a mechanical does not work good a 27, why?
A well pump has oil in the motor and will it stay there when you pull a vacuum on it?
What is everyone else using at high levels?