PDA

View Full Version : Vacumn information

SUGARSMITH
01-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Does anybody know where there is information pertaining to the setup of a vacumn system. I have this nagging feeling there is something I am not doing correctly reqarding line size /taps/distance ot if I need boosters and where and where do I need a wet line or dry line etc.

Or if nobody knows of where to get the "Vacumn for Maple Syrup for Dummies". Where was your knowledge attained, trial and error, visiting other sugar houses etc

thanks

mapleman3
01-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Sugarsmith, PM me with you address and I'll make a copy of some Vacuum info I have. it tells about sizing the lines amount of taps etc. and a bunch of other stuff worth reading.... as far as how you will pipe the vacuum pump and releaser ... well you may want to look at some in person and take pictures.

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
01-07-2005, 07:02 PM
The maple sugaring guide for Dummies is right here on this maple trader site with some of the posts....

brookledge
01-07-2005, 09:43 PM
you can also look in Leader catalog It has a good guide
Keith

michaelh05478
01-12-2005, 06:33 PM
I have a question for you vacuum liners??? The farmer co-op here sell's 5 gal pails of vacuum oil for $32........ Is there much difference in vacuum oil???? :?:

gmcooper
01-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Yes there is a difference in Vacuum pump oil and engine or hydrolic oils.
Some of the pumps will work fine with almost anything but sap in them . however when a pump runs steady for hours on end or sometimes for days you ned to be sure you use whatever your pump callls for. There is nothing better than discovering your pump died the day before perfect sap weather. If you want a vac pump that is oil less than use an airlobe type pump they have a figure 8 type mechanism that rotates and creates a vacuum on one side and blows air on the other. there is no oil discharge or usage with these. Only oil is sealed at shaft bearings. These airlobe units are popular in industrial settings because they don't want the discharge mess.