PDA

View Full Version : Anybody familiar with em-bee bulk tank parts?

benchmark
05-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Last february I found out a neighbor had a 400 gallon round bottom bulk tank sitting in his pasture, anyway to make a long story short I ended getting it for free:D. What I was wondering is the drain was missing, all that's there is what looks to be an 1 1/4- 1 1/2 flange fitting attachment?? Looks like the flange was grooved for an O-ring of some sort. Are most bulk tanks set up like this? Anyone know were i'd be able to order a valve? I was short of time from when got it till sap started to flow so I used an 1 1/2 rubber cap for the season. Really dont want to dunk the sap out next year.

Thanks

jdj
05-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I think your tank had a butterfly clamp style valve. Many tank manufactures used this type of valve. I have a sunset, mueller and a universal tank that have these type valves and they are all interchangable. I found a place to buy what I believe are the right valves?? but here is the info if you'd like to contact them to make sure.

New BCast Stainless 1.5" Tri Clamp Butterfly Valve with silicone seat,
and handle $99.50

Used Reconditioned 1.5" Tri Clamp Butterfly Valve with a new silicone
seat, and handle $65.00

If you have a credit card we can get something out to you right away.
Let me know.

Regards,

Boyd Taylor
BCast Stainless
1-866-287-4865

Let me know if this helps and if you buy one let me know if it works properly. In the future I would like to buy an extra valve to have as a spare.

3rdgen.maple
05-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Bascom carries what I beleive you are looking for. You pretty much described a universal tank fitting. I bought mine for my tank at a farm supply house. It is a quick disconnect fitting I guess it could be called a butterfly clamp. The ones I have are black with two levers opposite each other that when in the locking position clamp the fitting on the flange. They come with male or female threads so you can configure the plumbing as needed. Less than 30 buck at Tractor Supply Company.

tuckermtn
05-07-2009, 04:58 AM
we use I call a "no hub connector"- probably have the wrong term - also called fernco couplers ( http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/flexible-couplings/stock )- its available at hardware stores- black rubber fitting with two hose clamps- one on either end...just put that over the flange, clamp it down- then put what ever type of pipe/valve you need on the other...works fine for us...

Parker
05-07-2009, 05:03 AM
I think that is called a "Fernco",,,or as we call them "the sugarmakers friend",,I use lots and lots of them

Russell Lampron
05-07-2009, 05:24 AM
The EM-BEE is a Mueller tank. I have the 600 gallon one. The type of fitting that goes onto the tank is called a CIP (Clean In Place) fitting. I replaced my valve with a pvc ball valve and connected it to the tank with a Fernco type sleeve that has a metal band around it. I had a hard time finding the o rings to keep the original valve from leaking.

gmcooper
05-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Give this place a try www.partsdeptonline.com . They should be able to get you the right valve and seal and clamp.

benchmark
05-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks for information guys.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
05-07-2009, 09:26 PM
The fernco link is not working if you can post the correct link for the fitting as I am interested also??

tuckermtn
05-08-2009, 06:54 PM
see if this one works...

http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/flexible-couplings

-eric

Russell Lampron
05-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Yup that one works Eric.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
05-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Works good!

Thanks!