PDA

View Full Version : how to set up a saddle

caseyssugarshack93
05-06-2009, 04:21 PM
what is the the right way to set up a saddle into the mainline, I run my wire on top of the mainline like right on center then when i go to add the saddle the saddle hole is off to the side is that the right way? or is the saddle suppto be right on top of the main and the wire off to the side?

Amber Gold
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
saddle on top, wire off to the side, probably at the 10 or 2 o'clock position.

Russell Lampron
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Nate put the saddle on top of the mainline and run your wire beside it. Some saddles have a grove in the side up near the top for the mainline wire.

maplecrest
05-06-2009, 05:15 PM
depends how the wire lays on the pipe and where your lats are comming in. most of my saddles are at the 2 oclock so that the loops lay down and are not sticking up in the air.

caseyssugarshack93
05-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Maplecrest, yeah i was useing the leader saddles and thats what im doing putting them off to the side but i noticed my main rolled a little and some are right on the side its is easy fix im just wondering how there really suppto be done when i add on more this year

Homestead Maple
05-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I put mine at 2 o'clock and make sure the line sticks up so that you can see the movement of sap climbing the line as you cruise the main looking for any leaks.