PDA

View Full Version : fire box configuration

SPILEDRIVER
05-04-2009, 05:42 PM
okay i hope i can ecsplain this question correctly....................
im going to build a arch on to a wood furnace that has a fire box 20"x32x32"ive stripped it down to just the firebox.it is air tight and has a blower.if i build it straight off the back with the door faceing me/you the max width of the arch without modification to it would be 20".but if i build the arch off either side i can go 32" wide on the arch.everything would be the same as on any other wood fired arch it would just be fed from the side.if i did this where would the best place be for the blower inlet?id think under the arch blowing towards the other wall and up into the arch????????????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haynes Forest Products
05-04-2009, 06:09 PM
A picture is worth a 100000000000000000000000000000words

Fred Henderson
05-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Sometimes it is really hard to visualize what someone is talking about or trying to build.

KenWP
05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
You actually make sense. The door is on the narrow side and its 32 iinches long. You want to have the door on the side so you can have it 32 inches wide and what ever length you want it. The extra 32 inchs in there threw me thats the height of the fire box which you are going to have to figure out how to shorten as the fire will be a ways from the pan at that distance.

SPILEDRIVER
05-04-2009, 08:08 PM
LOL yep i thought about a picture but i dont have a clue how to do it......but kens got it rite.i know ive gotta get the box height shorter but thats no problem,i gotta cut the top off to build the arch on anyway...........i had a thought after i posted this,what if i went with a 24" arch off the 32"side?seems it would boil off bigtime or would it be to much heat forced down that narrow and cook my pans???????????im giving myself a headache lol

Haynes Forest Products
05-04-2009, 08:31 PM
KenWP could you please repeat what you said but put every other word in French then I might have a chance understanding it:lol:

RileySugarbush
05-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Spile driver is thinking outside the box, actually into the side of the box. When he is done with this, he will have a side loading arch. I see no show stopper with that configuration. Just pay attention to your pans so you don't have a draw off right over the door.

KenWP
05-04-2009, 10:25 PM
No such thing as to much heat if the pan has sap in it. I would use french all righty but Clan would kick me off. The only french I know isn't allowed.

PARKER MAPLE
05-05-2009, 05:36 AM
No such thing as to much heat if the pan has sap in it. I would use french all righty but Clan would kick me off. The only french I know isn't allowed.

LOL, IM INTERESTED TO SEE WHERE YOU END UP WITH THIS..