PDA

View Full Version : Used buckets and spouts

benchmark
05-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Contacted an old maple producer that used to tap 1500+ trees near me, wondering if he still had his equipment. Most of his stuff was gone but still had a couple hundred buckets without covers no rust, 6-700 taps at least, and 3 galv. (300 gal. I believe) stock tanks.
I'd say half the spouts were soule cast Al. and the other half were the regular cast Al. spouts. (not sure if one is better then the other)
Anyway he wanted me to make an offer on everything- Anybody know what this stuff would be worth?? Everything was in pretty good shape, but needs some major cleaning. I have know idea what use equipment goes for.

PerryW
05-02-2009, 11:44 PM
I bought 50 used good-quality galvanized bucket sets (bucket, spout, hook & cover) for $3.00 per set; but that was a good deal for me.

If the buckets are good-quality buckets (no rust) and 3 gallons or more then they should be at worth at least $4.00 per set.

The used galv 300 stock tanks are worth about $80-100 each if they are good condition and not rusty.

benchmark
05-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Went out to the guys place today to make an offer on the stuff but before I had a chance to make on offer he told me I could have everything for $200. I didnt realize there was also a 150 gallon ss bulk tank included with everything.
I hinted to him the stuff was probably worth more, but he didnt seem to care.
Counted buckets and spiles looks like I ended up with 215 buckets; mostly 12 Qt. and 600 spouts. Pretty good deal I thought.

PerryW
05-03-2009, 09:19 PM
great deal! The SS Bulk tank alone is worth at least $150.