PDA

View Full Version : Sending syrup to Europe

maple marc
04-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Three weeks ago I sent a pint of syrup, well-packed, to a friend in Antwerp, Belgium. I sent it US Postal Service, and the postman told me there seemed to be no prohibition against sending syrup to Europe. It cost $17 to send, and I had to complete a U.S. Customs form. My friend has not received it yet. What are the odds it will eventually get there?

Anyone have experience sending syrup abroad?

Thanks

KenWP
04-23-2009, 10:30 PM
I send stuff to France a lot and the mail is funny. Sometimes it gets there quick and the next time your almost ready to declare it lost and collect the insurance. Give it a bit more time and see what happens.

3rdgen.maple
04-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Well never sent syrup overseas but I do send Printing equipment and parts to china, south america and buy some parts from japan. Equipment is a little different as it goes on a ship but it takes 90 days to get there. Now if I order a part (smaller package than a quart of syrup) with priority shipping it takes a minimum of 3 weeks to get here. I once learned the hard way and payed big bucks to have a part shipped overnite from japan and it still took three weeks to arrive. Give it plenty off time to get there.

Squaredeal
04-24-2009, 05:55 AM
We send a lot of packages overseas and would also advise giving it plenty of time. If you have to ship it again, we have had the best luck with Priority Mail International. It's reasonably priced, and we have had packages find there way to China in less than one week.
Good Luck