PDA

View Full Version : Solar Powered Evaporator

maple maniac65
04-16-2009, 06:47 AM
There was an article yesterday in a paper from Berlin NH about a woman who is harnessing the sun to make maple syrup. She had a pan set under a panel of plastic tilted into the sun to collect the sun rays. It also was on a turn table so it could be directed into the sun and the pan was set on a tile to keep the ground from burning. I imajine it was set up like a huge magnifying glass. If I get a chance I will try to scan the picture in and post it. I do not think one could make a huge quantity like this but it looks like a fun experience for some kids to try.

Haynes Forest Products
04-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Mine to is SOLAR powered.................Billions of years ago plants absorbeb sunlite and grew into big big big plants and then they died and were coverd with sedement and crap till it turned into EVIL OIL. Then HALIBERTON came along pumped it out and into my oil tank and that folks is how HAYNES FOREST PRODUCTS is using STORED SOLAR power........the end NO DINOSORS WERE HURT IN THE MAKING OF MY OIL.....I asked........and I dont use any transfats