PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre Junior RO

Greenthumb
04-07-2009, 02:14 PM
anyone know anything about. Cost , good for small scale guy. better to go ro route vs. bigger evaporator etc.

Lapierre Junior R.O.

CODE DESCRIPTION OPTIONS
100 GPH (1 x 4’’ membrane)
200 GPH (2 x 4’’ membrane)

Jim Brown
04-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Greenthumb; that's what we did bigger is not always better. New 150gph Lapierre like ours(one 4 inch membrane) should be in the $10,000 range give or take some where. Ours can be reto fitted for $4000 to add another membrane and increase to 300-350GPH

Jim

Russell Lampron
04-07-2009, 06:52 PM
The Lapierre Junior is a piece of junk. It is built cheaply and doesn't have circulation pumps on the membrane housings. The membrane housings are made of plastic and blow apart under high pressure. Nate, "Casseyssugarshack93" has the 200gph model and has had nothing but trouble with it. Lapierre is refunding his money at the end of the season.

I hate to say that about a Lapierre RO because they have been the leader in maple sap RO's for many years and had always made a good product. I like the 150gph Lapierre RO that I have. It has been very reliable and works good. Spend the extra money and get one with a circulation pump on the membrane housing. It will out perform it's rated gph and last a long time with proper cleaning.

Greenthumb
04-08-2009, 04:01 PM
what about springtech brands cost easy to use etc. any info on these models
springtech

Hero
Micro elite 80
Micro elite 160

caseyssugarshack93
04-08-2009, 05:03 PM
yes there having issures with this r/o, i think the problem is theres not cirilations pumps, if you going to go get one get a turbo not a jouinor unless they work the bugs out,

Russell Lampron
04-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Lapierre and CDL are the best brands to buy. Airablo, Springtech and D&G are the same machine and are more expensive than the competition and don't perform as well either. A Lapierre or CDL with two 4" membranes is rated for 250gph while the Springtech Elite 160 also has two 4" membranes and is rated for only 160gph. The difference is the high pressure pump. The Lapierre has a 3hp pump that red lines at 500 psi. I'm not sure of the hp of the pump on the Springtech but know that it is only capable of producing 300psi.

When I bought my Lapierre 150 the Springtech and Airablo 160 were $3000 more. When I looked the Springtech machine over I saw that it was difficult at best to remove the membranes. Something that you will need to do if you store your RO in an unheated area when it is not in use. The one on my Lapierre is easy to remove.

caseyssugarshack93
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
im looking for a 600gph for next year but who knows,