PDA

View Full Version : USDA grant

mnellis
04-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Has any small producer(200-300 gals) gone through the grant process and recieved it? I talked to a person who does the energy audits and he said he hasn't worked with anyone of this size. I just hate to spend the $275.00 for the audit if I don't have a chance. I'm looking to purchase a RO and a vacuum pump.

bpmorris
04-07-2009, 12:31 PM
I have never heard of the USDA Grant. Where do you go for information about this is there a website or anything??? Thanks!!!

mnellis
04-07-2009, 04:05 PM
It is a energy efficency grant and they will pay 25% of the total cost if you qualify. Just type in http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/recd_map.html, click on your state and call your local office and they should be able to fill in.

Brian
04-07-2009, 08:26 PM
I did it, do not do it. they don't do what they say,you have to be able to go to a fed and barrow all the money,once every thing is done you get 25% back. You need to pay for an enegy audit, They said you get that back but they don't. you can't sell to up gade with out their permisson for I think 5 years. they don't tell you until you sign the final paper work. You can't advertise with out mentioning different things about equal opportunity employer, you need to hang drug free sings in the sugar house. the list goes on. THE CARROT ON THE STICK!! I wish I had just cut acouple loads of logs.It would have been faster than doing all the paper work. Look up about the D.U.N.S number that was a pain. You give up all your personal information.