PDA

View Full Version : Containers

Haynes Forest Products
04-06-2009, 11:44 AM
With the year I had and running out of room to put the syrup in I was up to 35 -5 gallon buckets all over the place. I decided to put it in a 55 gallon blue plastic drum started to fill it when my buddie says shouldnt we put that on the trailer first...........boy what a dumb *&^&^%$^#$ I can be some times so we wrestle it on the front of the trailer and fill it then I fill another one. Then my buddy says you should put the barrel over the axel (yea I know that) so we wrestle the drums back over the axel after we couldnt get the trailer toung on the truck.
I could'nt sleep thinking about the drums breaking on a rough road or splitting because of a sudden stop,snipper fire on a back road, old barrel that is out dated.
So I get to Roth Sugar Bush and I cant budge them and tell Pete we need to get the fork lift and he looks at me like the Dumb *&^&%^$$%@ I am and he grabs the barrel yanks it on its edge and rolls it down off my trailer dropping it 12" to the ground and into the scale area now Im in the truck looking for clean underware when he drops the 2nd barrel and im wondering if its still my syrup or is it his at this point......DANG those things bounce when they hit the ground.

KenWP
04-06-2009, 11:59 AM
We had a fellow delivered fuel oil and such and he could lift a 45 gallon imperial of oil off the back of the truck.

danno
04-06-2009, 01:24 PM
We had a fellow delivered fuel oil and such and he could lift a 45 gallon imperial of oil off the back of the truck.

Wow - nothing like straight lifting 400 lbs. to get your blood pumping in the moring. Send him my way in a couple of weeks to lift barrels into my truck.