PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Releaser

tuckermtn
04-04-2009, 10:51 AM
just heard from Parker that his Bernard Double manual releaser was stolen from his Rt. 11 bush in Andover some time between 7pm last night and 8am this morning...has his name scratched on the side...

if you see a releaser with what looks like a name scratched off the side, let parker know...

maple sapper
04-04-2009, 01:48 PM
you got to be kidding me. Id expect that in the city where I am but not in the woods up north. Despirate times=despirate measures. If anything it will surface with all the eyes out on this forum. The truth will surface eventually. It usually does. Good luck Parker and all up that way in the hunt. Keep your eyes on the pawn shops too if there are any up that way.

Amber Gold
04-04-2009, 02:53 PM
That sucks. I was concerned about that myself with my releaser sitting on top of my tank right next to the road. Fortunately it's still there. I need to find a better way to cover it and secure it, but still get easy access to it to check on it. Any ideas??

Mac_Muz
04-04-2009, 03:25 PM
A picture or a link to one would be a good idea. I don't know what the part even looks like, and or why it is valuable....

KenWP
04-04-2009, 07:43 PM
You have never milked cows I take it Mac.

tuckermtn
04-04-2009, 10:30 PM
http://www.leaderevaporator.com/items.php?46

item 64236

Clan Delaney
04-04-2009, 10:36 PM
http://www.leaderevaporator.com/items.php?46

item 64236

Oy! That's bigger than my car! How does anyone just up and walk away with that?!?

And I saw the price attached. My sincere condolences. I hope it turns up.

jtbucket
04-05-2009, 08:11 AM
a few of us here in VT have had sap stolen but no equipment. Some people don t know how much work and time it takes to get sap to the tank

michelle32
04-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Parker if we see anything or hear anything over here will let you now. Where looking for a small one are selves. Good hunting for the scum bags.

TapME
04-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Parker; sorry to here there are people out there that that don't want to work for it and take things form those that do. If I had one I would give it to you no questions asked. I will look at this end in case it shows here. Let me know if I can do anything. Lou

Jerome
04-05-2009, 04:51 PM
the real sorry part is that it was probably a local that you know how many sugar bushes in your area? you might want to take a drive around.

Mac_Muz
04-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Pricey equipment ain't it.. Ouch.. I just can't stand a thief. The last one I encountered stole my 01 Nomad, a type of heavy cruiser motorbike, looking something like a Harley Dresser.

And nope I never milked anything, but my wife might know what that equiment does, as she has milked goats, but that was pretty much by hand.

Since I don't know what it does I can't really suggest much other than looking on Craigs list. The cops aren't going to look for it, which they wouldn't bother with on my bike either, and it was worth somewhat more than this tool.

Maybe if you can be a fool and do something with this tool, it might turn up that way. It did with the fool who stole my bike. He pulled some wild stunt and was caught for a traffic infraction, and went to jail.

Dill
04-06-2009, 10:51 AM
I think posting it up here was a great idea. I spend all day on the comp and if I see one pop up on clist I'll let you know. I've seen it work before, I ride a triumph and a guy on a forum had some bikes stolen in FL, another forum member found them for sale in AZ. And with maple being an even smaller community someone will know something.
That being said it stinks. A sugar house in Durham got busted into 2 weeks ago, mainly just vandalism, smashed some stuff up and stole a bunch of syrup, but its just not what you expect in NH.

Haynes Forest Products
04-06-2009, 12:19 PM
I would also call the manf and have them keep a look out for someone looking for just the part that had your name scratched in it.

ennismaple
04-06-2009, 12:37 PM
I hope you catch the SOB!!! I can't stand thieves.

Parker
04-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Got a call from the ANDOVER FORCE today,,they busted the "badguy" during the exucution of a search warrent........and will have the releaser back in 2-6 months,,,thanks to all!!

michelle32
04-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Glad to here you got your releaser back. The sap gods where watching over you. Now if they can just get lightening to strick. We wont have this same problem when the let them go.

brookledge
04-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Parker that is good news
Keith

Jerome
04-07-2009, 05:07 AM
So tell us is it someone you know of? I glad you we be getting it back!

Russell Lampron
04-07-2009, 05:15 AM
The good guy wins for a change.

danno
04-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Wow - you don't hear that very often - excellent news Parker.

Mac_Muz
04-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Wow that was fast.. Must be this crook steals tools.

3rdgen.maple
04-08-2009, 02:18 AM
Wow that is bad luck turned good. I hate thiefs I had a car stolen once with my wallet in it. Yeah I know but I was like 19. Needless to say they robbed something from everybody in the neighborhood. Cops found the car in another state and about 20 years later they still have not returned my car or wallet. Some stupid story about it being evidence and since it crossed state lines It could not be returned. I think somebody on the police department got some use out off my car. The best part is the parking tickets I would get in the mail from pa.

dano2840
04-08-2009, 08:03 AM
who would do something like that?
WTF buy your own **** releaser, theyre expensive and i know because ive worked hard to buy all my equipment and plan one buying a releaser this year, i dont even know how some one could be such a #$%^

tyrod2
04-08-2009, 09:41 AM
I don't think a sugar maker would steal from another sugar maker because he knows how hard it is to get your equipment.It is some one that steals for money. I did hear abought some teenage boys that used a sugar makers buckets for target practice with a 22 rifle. Their parents had to pay out the butt.

nas
04-08-2009, 12:12 PM
I don't know what's worse, someone stealing your stuff, or someone just wrecking it. Like the trespassing ATVs or snowmobiles who cut your sap lines or fences because they are across "their" trail.

Mike
04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Good new Parker....2-6 months to get it back!!!! Did you know the guy? We had a guy loose one up here a few years ago.He bought a storage container and keeps it in there locked....I cable lock all my stuff.....They will have to work for it....

KenWP
04-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Basically you tie it down so they have to ruin it to move it or work to hard. Most theifs are lazy. That is why they steal in the first place. That or stupid.