PDA

View Full Version : Scored some good stuff

DanE.
03-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Picked up 2 stainless steel plate risers from work last week for $20.00, you know, the carts you put plates in and wheel them around. they are about 30t x 26w x16d. Looks like some new Stainless pans are on order for next year. Plus, I now have two tools carts frames.

Dane.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/N-lI8A6tzRmFBtOzBiODKg?authkey=Gv1sRgCNLduOLm8NbcTw&feat=directlink

seclark
04-13-2009, 08:08 AM
nice job on the evaporator,what is your GPH rate.Did you make the pans yourself? And are they welded or soldered.Sorry for so many questions but I'm looking to upgrade and need some Ideas, thanks for any info. Stan

DanE.
04-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Stan, I can get up to 10gph, but the pan are really too short to support that kind of boiling, I'm going to make some taller ss pans this summer. 6-8 gph seems about right with what i have. I did make the pans myself. I used 22 ga (maybe it was 20 ga, can't remember), because i was thinking about the heat transfer with the thinner metal. I did not think about how hard it was to weld thin metal. it took me a long time to get all of the pin holes plugged. If i had join this forum last fall, I think i would have used solder to plug all of the pin holes. There is definitely a reason you see a lot of pans at 18 ga. Dane.