PDA

View Full Version : Got To Much Sap?

maple sapper
03-29-2009, 09:42 AM
I have had a less then stellar season. Not sure if its a regional thing or not. I guess the folks using vac are all set. The gravity folks like me are waiting waitng and waiting. I had one decent run and now again waiting. If anyone has more than they can handle in SO. NH let me know. Id like to atleast boil my rig for one last time to get the itch out of my system. I have as much syrup as last year. Last year I had a third of the taps I have this year. So slightly dissappointed to say the least.

Cardigan99
03-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Sapper, it doesn't look good up here in central NH either. If this is the end of it then we only got two weeks out of this season.

michelle32
03-29-2009, 01:19 PM
We just finished canning the last of yesterdays boil. We made 20 gallons. We wonted to get to 25 with the new evaporator and all. So next year vac system in the works.
Keith

Parker
03-29-2009, 07:05 PM
You can come up here and get some sap,,have some now and will have more tommrow,,not sure after that

SWEETSAP
03-29-2009, 10:25 PM
maple sapper! Our gravity system is more than dissapointing this year (our first year). From inspecting others tubing systems we seem to be set up quite nicely however we have very little slope. 250 taps and about 900 gallons of sap, so far 13 gallons of finished syrup, 1 gallon of burned syrup, and the evaporator fully sweetened. Hoping for at least one more run, we reamed out 120 taps just make sure we could take advantage of any late flow. We have only had 3 light runs, 2 medium runs, and 2 OK runs.

maple sapper
04-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Id like to put a big thank you out to Parker from Maple Creek. He hooked me up with some sap. It got my pan wet and syrup came out the other side. I am a happy camper now. If there is anyone else local (So. NH/mA or VT. that has perhaps some sap that is to little to be botherd with due to pan size or just tired of the game,have enough, or even want a make a deal for some sap, let me know. I have made a few new adjustments to my pan and want to see if I wasted my time before next season so I can sleep all summer. So dont really care about the sugar content as always higher is better but, just want to boil one last time. Thanks Maple sapper.