PDA

View Full Version : hobby producer warning

white mt
03-27-2009, 10:36 AM
After a new vac pump purches at a cabot vt maple supply house I was left with a felling of footing the bill for others mistakes. I came up with the 3300 dollers needed to buy a new vac pump this off season.I ordered the pump from the cabot vt supplyer it came in only to find out after getting it home and trying to put in oil it would take only half of what it called for .The reason , they put in a rust inhebitor in the pump and they did not know the the stuff would freeze solid.I took the time to unthaw the atlantics fluid pump only to later on find it was bound up solid after we tryed to use it. I called goodrich maple in cabot and asked them to send some one out to check the pump as the paint was pealing off do to overheating. They came and looked at it after I once again unthawed it no small task. They said it was ok to use. I thanked them only to have them later send me a bill for $250.OO FOR THE GAS TO CHECK the PUMP.Thats over 1.50 a mile for a drive to my place for a mistake that clearly in my mind was not mine. After talking a few times to both atlantic fluids and the people at goodrich maple it was clear thay were passing the buck back and forth to each other as to who was to blame and in the end sticking me with the inflated gas bill to check and see if the screw ups had broken the pump. The morel of the story is you hobby guys out their need to be very carefull dealing with the bigger outfits in maple, In my opinion some are in this not for injoyment like us or to make friends but to make money off us period no matter the service. Thanks for letting me vent.

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
03-27-2009, 02:39 PM
remember WHITE MT there is only 2 people making money in maple syrup.
1.MAPLE SYRUP MANUFACTURES
2.MAPLE SYRUP DEALERS

RICH

fred
03-27-2009, 06:31 PM
remember WHITE MT there is only 2 people making money in maple syrup.
1.MAPLE SYRUP MANUFACTURES
2.MAPLE SYRUP DEALERS

RICH

trust me i was a dealer , had a alot of customers, sold alot of equiptment , THERE IS NO MONEY TO BE MADE , especially with the internet profit margin is even less

fred
03-27-2009, 07:22 PM
btw not saying what he did was right

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
03-27-2009, 07:52 PM
well we heard from FRED the dealer, now maybe a manufacturer would like to chime in?

RICH

white mt
03-27-2009, 08:24 PM
I think I know how they make up for the vast loss in dealer sales profit margin Ogd .They make up for it in Gas bills.lol

Teuchtar
03-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Thats tough news to hear you got such an unexpected bill. Goodrich is well recognized in the industry, and has a reputation for being very generous with well researched advice.
I've bought equipment at many places, and when it had a fault, I always had to return it to the place of purchase. But I understand your frustration at getting the unexpected bill.
Maybe you can come to some agreement over a more moderate fee. We're rootin' for ya.
Good luck.

white mt
03-28-2009, 08:29 PM
That sounds good.