PDA

View Full Version : 20 + year old lapierre 600 GPH RO

michiganfarmer
03-24-2009, 12:12 PM
I have an opportunity to buy this machine. It was reconditioned by Lapierre 15 years ago, but never put in use. It is still in the plastic wrap that it came in from Lapierre. The membrane is about 8"x40".

Id like to know what you guys think it is worth. The owner is asking $6000. I think $6000 is to much money. The membrane has never been taken out of the storage container...according to the owner. Also according to the owner it has some pressurised inert gas in the container.

What should I know to look for, or what kind of problems could something have that has sat this long?

NH Maplemaker
03-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Michiganfarmer, I think my first call would be to Lapierre to see what parts availability is like ! Sooner or later you know you will need something for it ! May be perfect, but with out parts it's not worth much. Jim L.

Tmeeeh
03-24-2009, 03:24 PM
A machine that old may have dried up seals on the pumps and o rings in the pressure vessel. I understand that if the membrane dried out, it would need to be replaced. A new Filmtec 8X40 Maple Mark 1 costs $900 to $1,600 depending on who you buy it from. Many of the RO designs have been improved over the years. The newer ones have higher internal recirculation rates. This helps you run longer between washes and makes washing go faster.

I would find out as much as I could about the particulars of this machine compared to the ones they are making now. Be prepared to make some hopefully minor repairs and also be prepared to replace the membrane. Once you add the likely repair/upgrade costs to the purchase price.. if those costs compare very favorably to a new machine..go for it.

michiganfarmer
03-31-2009, 09:57 AM
thanks guys