PDA

View Full Version : I gues i make moonshine and catch buildings on fire

dano2840
03-23-2009, 10:57 AM
my parents said that a lady came taring into the drive 2 nights ago and ran up and banged on the door and yelled "your building out back is on FIRE"!!!!! and she said that she was going to call 911, this might have been because when the coupla gets maxed out or the wind picks up, the steam vents out from under the eves of the roof looking like a burning hay barn, it could also be from the 6 ft flame that cranks out of the top of the stack after firing,
ive also been accused of making moonshine, hahaha, well syrup is pretty addictive, but its still legal to make syrup.............for now

twobears1224
03-23-2009, 11:36 AM
lmao!!! it,s good to see a young person so involved in sugaring..i don,t see that very much anymore.

delbert

Taggart78
03-23-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has been accused of making moonshine by the neighbors......

Revi
04-03-2009, 08:58 PM
It's not the first time that people have called 911 because they thought a sugarhouse was on fire.

Even in Vermont people don't know about sugarhouses I suppose.

argohauler
04-03-2009, 10:28 PM
I did that once. Drove by a barn and thought it was on fire. Drove up to a nearby house and knocked on the door. The lady didn't want to open her door. She eventually informed us that it was a tobacco kiln. It didn't look like a typical kiln to me. Smoke was rolling out from under the eaves. Felt a little foolish, but better to stop and look foolish than not to stop when there is a problem.

Stickey
04-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Is moonshine still illegal? It's just liquor, isn't it?