PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, I'm a Meth dealer

Groves
03-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Cops stopped by yesterday on suspicion of me "cooking up some meth". I'm guessing a neighbor saw the stainless pans strewn about, charred on the bottom, and 'turned me in'.

Police had a good laugh, anyway.

Don't hang around me. I'm nothing but trouble.

danno
03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
First thing I had to do - was look at your location.

Now, if you were in Watertown, NY - they would probably be looking behind the holding tanks to see if the sugaring was just a front for the meth lab.

KenWP
03-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Good thing you never had empty propane tanks or a big anhydrous tank sitting around or big boxs of wooden match's.

peacemaker
03-23-2009, 09:49 AM
isnt it the same anyway people are addicted to either ... sometimes i feel like a meth dealer lol

Father & Son
03-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Groves,
I know how you feel. Two years ago about 0130 I was boiling and stepped outside the sugarhouse for a break and heard a helicopter. Didn't think much of it because air ambulances are very common. It did become interesting when it dropped down to just above the treetops and hoovered for almost a minute. I thought it was a little strange but didn't think much of it. When I told a guy about it at work the next day he said it was probably the state police using an infrared scope looking for meth labs. That heat source must of had them thinking they hit the motherload.

Jim

Bucket Head
03-23-2009, 09:43 PM
This thread is too funny!

A buddy of mine and his wife are cops. He has been an instructor at the acadamy on several occasions, so I have seen some pics of meth labs and their operators. Did you know the fumes from it cooking can kill you? Yeah, I saw some, um..., interesting pictures. Also, since I am an allergy sufferer, and a former hardware store employee, I am familiar with its ingredients.

Anyway, during the season, some phone calls between us start out with things like "Are you cooking?" or "I'm cooking up a batch right now". Or the old Cheech and Chong line of "Hey man, don't answer the phone! I think the phone is bugged!".

The helicopter thing gets me thinking though. Could they bring sap to our boiling locations like they bring water to the forest fires?

Steve

KenWP
03-23-2009, 10:27 PM
We have helicopters fly around here all summer as guys grow special crops out in the bush around here. I can only hope if the cops came over here they would know what erable is instead of the word meth.

Jerome
03-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Hey maybe we could get the word out on the street about what a great high niter give you. then it would be worth something ;)

Turtlecreek
03-29-2009, 04:38 PM
I have a friend that works for the state police in the crime lab. Every time she comes up she just laughs at the set up we have. She has said that in certain areas this wolud be very suspious.

brookledge
03-29-2009, 08:05 PM
On a slightly different note I have thought about spreading some D.E. on a mirror to form a few lines to see what one might think.
Keith

jason grossman
03-30-2009, 07:15 AM
my brother is a fireman and arson investigator ! when he was in a meth training seminar he spoke up and said geee it sounds like our sugarhouse! thats a running joke in these parts!! He also got a lot of strange looks the first time he took syrup to the big city fiehouse in a mason jar!! afterall doesnt all maple syrup come from the bottle shaped like a little lady!!:D i think there was only a couple of fire department calls of barn fires this year on sugarhouses:D city folk!!!

Groves
03-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Unfortunately, I live in an area of the country (Missouri) that is far less famous for syrup than it is for meth.

I don't even fault them for suspicion.

argohauler
04-03-2009, 10:38 PM
We have helicopters fly around here all summer as guys grow special crops out in the bush around here. I can only hope if the cops came over here they would know what erable is instead of the word meth.

I've had the same thing happen a couple times. They were in a big black helicopter and they were travelling up one side of the river and back down the other. I was out hoeing my crop...and the helicopter stops and I see a guy in it, aiming something my way. I just stood there and leaned on my hoe. My wife waved at them. I know my strawberry patch was weedy, but not that kind of weedy.

Parker
04-08-2009, 05:52 AM
Last year the local police officer was visiting the sugarhouse as I was starting to filter some syrup-I dumped a BIG bowlful of D.E. in the syrup and started stirring it,,,he asked "whats that?",,I replied,, thats how we get the coke into canada,,,he did not see the humor in it,,,,I thought it was pretty funny though,,,I did notice he tasted a littel D.E. befor he left

Amber Gold
04-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Jason, I'm on the town fire department and live right across the street from the fire department on a major road. Thought for sure I was going to get toned for a building fire the first couple of nights I was boiling. Surprsingly it was 4 weeks into the season and my second to last boil. During the season, I did have plenty of people stop on the road at night watching me though.

Haynes Forest Products
04-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Twice a few years ago I had the fire dept stop and check on the operation at night because I have 2 spot lights lighting up the steam coming out of the coupla at night looks cool from the road 1500 ft away. This year A lady came flying down my road and was pounding on the door telling us alot of smoke is coming out of the bldg next door we all started laughing and calmed her down.