PDA

View Full Version : need to know the depth of a pan

trevdogg
03-22-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi i am new to syrup making and i am in the process of making my own woodfired evaporator and pan. I want to make a crossflow pan and was wondering about how deep i should make my pan and the depth of the diveders. I would also like to know how many dividers I should put in it. If anybody is willing to share this information it would be much appreciated.

Fred Henderson
03-23-2009, 05:36 AM
We need to know what size you are building?

DanE.
03-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Are you talking about flat pans or flue pans? How large is your Firebox. it will help determine the height of your pans. the bigger the fire box the more heat you can put to your pan , the taller you want them. I have a 18 x 18 x 24 fire box with 5 inch pans, it is about 5" to short. (5" pans, what was I thinking) Dividers: How deep are you planning to run the sap, 1 - 2"? how much syrup do you want to draw off at a time. I know these are not answers, but they are things to think about. I hope this helps a little. Dane.

Hi i am new to syrup making and i am in the process of making my own woodfired evaporator and pan. I want to make a crossflow pan and was wondering about how deep i should make my pan and the depth of the diveders. I would also like to know how many dividers I should put in it. If anybody is willing to share this information it would be much appreciated.