PDA

View Full Version : 2x4 drop flue pics and dimensions?

wanting to get into it
03-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Hello everyone,
I am looking to make my own 2x4 drop flue pan. However, I am not real sure how to go about it. I am hoping someone out there that has one would be kind enough to share some information with me. First off, I would like to see some pics of the top and the bottom of the pan. Then, I would like to know the spacing between the flues and how deep the flues are. I am a certified welder and have been doing so for 12 yrs. Would like to build a 2x6 rig myself. We are cutting down the trees at our place and taking them to the saw mill for the sugar house. Would like to make everything. Self gratification :) Any help would be appreciated.

jtthibodeau
03-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Hi Wanting, I've a 2X4, 6 section Vermonter with drop flues. I'd be more than happy to photograph mine and give you some dimensions but, it's a bit busy at the moment. If you still need the information after I pull the pan for cleaning, just let me know. It may be 2 or 3 weeks from now.

moeh1
04-16-2009, 08:09 PM
jerry,

I am definitely interested once you get your season wrapped up.
Thanks!

OhioMapleMan
04-23-2009, 09:34 PM
http://s628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/OhioMapleMan/New%20Arch/
Jerry go to this link and you will be able to see the 2x6 that I built in 1984-85. It has 6 inch deep flues total of 8 in the back, with one divider in the rear. I think the spacing was 1 1/4 fire space and 3/4 for the sap in the flues. It is all tig welded with 304 ss. I will probably be taking the pans off this weekend and I will try and post some more pictues showing how it was put together. I am going to change the float box so I can change the flow from the outside, now I have to move the pipe in the rear pan, not good if you want a steam hood or piggyback.
Roger