PDA

View Full Version : How was your Season???

JohnM
03-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Some of the Ohio Sugarers did not have a good year compared to last.

I will finish at about 77 percent of 2008. Averaged about 1 quart per tap on 56. Not too bad, not too great either.

So how was your Season???

ericjeeper
03-23-2009, 08:27 PM
My season was terrible. We just never had "Ideal" weather conditions. I honestly am glad I tapped in the middle of Jan. Otherwise it would have been a very slim season for me.

warren yoder
03-23-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't really count here...very hobby. I made 5 gallons of syrup from my 7 trees...that is all I wanted...could have made a lot more. Made 7 gallons last year. The syrup was much darker this year...though I did get several very nice batches.

Tapped for the first time ever last year...the experts told me last year was exceptional in these parts...never expect that again.

Bemis
03-23-2009, 08:47 PM
I finished the year at a bit over 4 gallons from 6 taps (5 trees). I'm scoping out next years targets on every walk. 3 quarts per tap ain't bad. I'll start a week earlier next year if I can.

I made the front page of the Zionsville paper this past week. The picture was titled "Played for a SAP." How should I take that!? :confused: I'm still scratching my head.

DougM
03-31-2009, 06:50 PM
We came out below average. We were expecting to make about 33 gallons and I think we ended up around 30.

A few OK days, and one two-day period where we were almost out of storage and that was it.

I think we had too many extreme temperature swings for it to be even average.

The Birdman
04-13-2009, 03:24 PM
This was my first season. I made around 25 gallon from 87 tap.