PDA

View Full Version : Question on 2x4

HHM-07
03-20-2009, 05:00 PM
2x4 question I have a 2x4 with drop flue back pan and a 2 section front pan, inow have a valve between the 2 sections in front pan and have syrup in one section does anyone have a regulator between the front and rear pans and make syrup in both sections. it works ok with the one section but ia get small draws, seems to me it shhould work with both sections as syrup, that would basicaly double the size of my draws.

THANK FOR YOUR INFO DICK

Al
03-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi Dick, I had a buddy that had a 2x4 and had the same problem. He got rid of his front float and made syrup in both pans. Seems to work well for him. He ran it pretty shallow thou. I have a 3 section pan and my draw offs can be small. I end up running it deeper and getting bigger draw offs. The bad side is I really am just batching and not getting the smaller more consistent draw offs. Also easier to lose a grade that way but we don't sell any and like the darker syrup. The 165 buckets this year are keeping us hopping. Hope this helps.
You may need to go bigger!!!!!!!!

Dill
03-20-2009, 08:21 PM
I have a valve to regulate between the flue pan and the front pan. The front pan is divided but doesn't have a regulating valve.
What would happen if you just left that valve open.

mapleman3
03-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Had to move this to Evaporators

HHM-07
03-21-2009, 09:43 AM
dill

do you have syrup in both sections i would need a valve between front and back pan if i left the front valve open