PDA

View Full Version : LB Maple Treat & Bulk Prices

ennismaple
03-20-2009, 01:08 PM
If my memory is correct it was LB Maple Treat that bought out Delta Foods (in Brockville) last year. Has anyone spoken to them this year to see what they are paying for bulk syrup?

emericksmaple
03-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Talked to a guy in southern Quebec the other night a buyer stopped in and offered them $4.25 a lb for any syrup they would sell.

KenWP
03-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Only thing I have heard here is that the base price from the syrup Co-Op is 50 cents more then last year.

ennismaple
03-31-2009, 09:23 AM
If my memory is correct it was LB Maple Treat that bought out Delta Foods (in Brockville) last year. Has anyone spoken to them this year to see what they are paying for bulk syrup?

I heard from one of my equipment dealers that LB Maple Treats closed their Brockville location and has moved everything to their Quebec plant. Now I'll need to do some searching to find a home for my bulk syrup...

H. Walker
03-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Ennis maple I plan on taking my bulk syrup up the road from you to Paul's. They have someone that comes there to buy it. Marion is still trying to get a price out of him.

LittleGuy
03-31-2009, 08:38 PM
I called today. the Brockville plant is no more. they gave me a number to call. This is the guy that is suppose to be collecting for them. The lady doesn't know if he will be picking up in Brockville or not.

Phone:
1 705-932-2653
Peter Kennedy
Kennedy Sugar Bush.

I tried calling 2X but no answer. got answering machine.

ennismaple
03-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Ennis maple I plan on taking my bulk syrup up the road from you to Paul's. They have someone that comes there to buy it. Marion is still trying to get a price out of him.

Marion Paul was the one who told us about LB Maple Treats pulling out. She has always had someone drop by her operation to buy bulk but we generally haven't used them. She's a 15 minute drive from us.