PDA

View Full Version : Need some more help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

captaincpfd
03-19-2009, 10:27 AM
I've run about a 130 gallons through my 2x3 evaporator i was told to switch side that i draw off on every other time i boil how do i go about this. I have valves on both sides what do i do about the product thats in my pan right now do i draw that off and put it back in the pan after i mix it to gether or just start boiling but then my more finish syrup will be on the wrong side!!!!!! Thanks for the input if anyone has some chad

oneoldsap
03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
After you make your last draw Immediatly draw off some of the sweets and keep them in a bucket till you fire up again. When you start your next boil pour the sweets into your front pan on the side you are going to draw from . The sap coming in the other side will hold it there till you make your first draw and things should come right around for you , keep an eye on your center compartments , you might have to scoop a little so you don't get syrup backing uo on you. If it starts making syrup in the center just scoop some sap from the other side of your pan and that will cool it down , you may have to scoop several times but once you make that first draw you are good to go. Good Luck !!

captaincpfd
03-19-2009, 08:36 PM
After you make your last draw Immediatly draw off some of the sweets and keep them in a bucket till you fire up again. When you start your next boil pour the sweets into your front pan on the side you are going to draw from . The sap coming in the other side will hold it there till you make your first draw and things should come right around for you , keep an eye on your center compartments , you might have to scoop a little so you don't get syrup backing uo on you. If it starts making syrup in the center just scoop some sap from the other side of your pan and that will cool it down , you may have to scoop several times but once you make that first draw you are good to go. Good Luck !!

Oneoldsap, Thanks for the info i'm sure happy for it. Wasn't sure were to start for drawing off opposite side next boil. Now i know and yes i will keep track of it for boiling in the center and getting to far ahead of my draw off bay. Thanks again chad