PDA

View Full Version : everybody helps

cheesegenie
03-19-2009, 07:20 AM
It's more than just making the syrup, it is an event. Keeping the wood supplied is a main event. This little wood hauler is only 1 year old!

KenWP
03-19-2009, 07:23 AM
Don't they have child labour laws in Ontario. Here they have to be 2 before they can haul wood. I am a grandfather myself and my daughter liked to come help out all the time even hunting.

cheesegenie
03-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Laws or no laws, we couldn't stop her once she started,so cute.Talking about
Quebec, how did the studded tire law go? When can they come off?

ennismaple
03-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Laws or no laws, we couldn't stop her once she started,so cute.Talking about
Quebec, how did the studded tire law go? When can they come off?

We've got similar slave labour in our camp. They're never too early to start!

I understood that Quebec's new law was mandatory winter tires, not studs. Am I wrong?

KenWP
03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
I can actually drive my truck starting Monday this week. I had bought new all seasons for it and wasn't going to put out that much money again for winter tires so drove the car all winter. Maybe the stupiest thing I ever heard of. LOL

cheesegenie
03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
No Ennis, I think you are right, it is snow tires they needed. Need some snow here to get the sap running again.

ennismaple
03-20-2009, 08:42 AM
No Ennis, I think you are right, it is snow tires they needed. Need some snow here to get the sap running again.

Same here. Our south facing bushes are producing half of what our north facing ones are because they are so dry. A foot of sugar snow should do it!