PDA

View Full Version : New To the Board

rabbitrunner22
03-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Hey guys my names zach I currently live in Ludlow, V.T but will be moving to springfield shortly. Have not done any tapping but me and a buddy will be starting next year, and figured this would be a great place to get even more info. Any one near ludlow or springfield that would be willing to let the two of us come take a look at the operation for tips and tricks would be great?

MapleME
03-18-2009, 02:36 PM
rabbit, welcome! as an understatement, you will find this site the to be best thing since maple syrup.

MapleME

Cardigan99
03-18-2009, 04:22 PM
rabbit, welcome. you're certainly in the right spot.

rabbitrunner22
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM
thanks guys and from what I have seen so far I will definitely learn a lot.

Clan Delaney
03-20-2009, 07:41 AM
I don't think there's a mapler out there that would turn you away for showing up unannounced and asking about their operation. On the contrary, you may find it hard to get away once we start talking. (It can get lonely at the evaporator... in the wee hours. So lonely... :D )

We used to have a map here on which members could mark their locations, but for the life of me I can't find it now. Hmmm. Sounds like mystery. To the Mystery Machine! (Scooby Doo reference. Anyone? Anyone?)

KenWP
03-20-2009, 07:50 AM
There is a couple sugar bush's near here but the problem around here is if they do not speak english communication goes down hill fast. So I don't stop to see how they do things and to find out if they are haveing a good or bad year.

VtSugarhouse
03-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Ken,
I believe Stanley Holmes is still making syrup in your area. He is located between Ayers Cliff and Stanstead. ( on a crossroad) I know he speaks English.
You do have many sugarhouse around you and lots of knowledge there.

Lee

rabbitrunner22
03-20-2009, 10:10 PM
thanks for the help guys. and have seen a couple think I will have to stop in.

KenWP
03-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Stan Holmes is actually a Barnston West they even have there own road named after them. I will have to check them out. Thanks.