PDA

View Full Version : Unrest in the forest!!

mapleman3
12-08-2004, 12:01 PM
As I was growing up I liked the band "Rush" and in particular I liked the song "Trees" of course, Rush is a canadian band, no wonder why I like this song, as you'll understand in the lyrics.

There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the maples,
And they're quite convinced the're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light.

But the oaks can"t help their feelings
If they like the way they"re made.
And they wonder why the maples
Can"t be happy in their shade?

There is trouble in the Forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the Maples scream "Oppression!"
And the Oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights.
"The oaks are just too greedy;
We will make them give us light."

Now there's no more oak oppression,
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw.

forester1
12-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Gosh, what a great song. I never heard that one from Rush. I'll have to get it and listen. It sounds like the the writer of that song knows something about forest ecology or forest succession.

syrupmaker
12-08-2004, 04:05 PM
DUDE 8O ....lay off the booze! Never heard that song either,but it sounds like you might have it blasting in the shack when your out there this year huh.
:wink:
Rick

themapleking
12-08-2004, 05:31 PM
I think Jim's mind has gone where no mind has gone before.
But we still like you. Visiting hours are on sundays. The doctor will see you now :wink:
Maple bug

mapleman3
12-08-2004, 08:14 PM
you guysssssss. it's a cool song .. Rush must have syrup in their blood too , and hey the Maple leaf is on the flag right? so of course they will sing about the maple.

powerdub
12-08-2004, 08:48 PM
I have heard the song before Jim so I guess I qualify for an adjoining room at the funny farm. :lol:

mapleman3
12-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Whew .... thought I was the only one :wink: 8)

12-09-2004, 03:17 AM
If anyone is having the trouble of the oaks taking up all the light just call me up and i will take care of the problem,,,,,,I like cutting oak $$$$$

Parker
12-09-2004, 03:19 AM
That last post was me ,,

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
12-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Parker,

Better put the oak cutting on hold and get the sugarhouse finished! By the way, how it is coming along??

12-10-2004, 04:01 AM
EEERRRR,,,,,,well as I look out the window upon a snowy,,rainy morning I see the concrete slab is still there,,,covered with 2 inches of ice ,,BUT we got 2 loads of hemlock to the sawmill down the road yesterday so Ill have all the lumber I need,,,I have to get my dumptruck inspected so I can go up to Vermont and get the 5x16,,,,,I need to get my butt in gear,,hard tt keep all the ball in the air sometimes,,,,but hey,, there is still 12 or so weeks to build the 18x50 sugarhouse, thin 30 acres, install the new tubing system, cut another 30 cords of wood <and dry it> so I should be all set 8O

12-10-2004, 04:03 AM
AAAHHHHH I keep losing my internet connection,,,very annoying,,,,Parker