PDA

View Full Version : Concentrate some permeate.

Justin Turco
03-15-2009, 08:33 AM
I am concentrating sap for the first time. My question is, when I am done, I'd like to run just a little bit of permeate through to push any residual concentrate out of the membrane and to the storage tank. Just for a couple minutes. Then configure for a rinse. I am thinking all I need to do is position valve 3 to wash? Any Airablo/springtech guys confirm this for me? Thanks.

Justin

PS. The machine seems to work pretty good. 2.5 to 7.5 at 350 psi. 60 gph/filtrate and 36 gph on concentrate. Seems good to me. I boiled some permeate down, basicly no residue.

Justin Turco
03-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Processed 540 gallons of sap today. I guess my thought on positioning valve 3 was not a smart one. All I need to do is shut off the sap feed and open the permeate feed while configured to "concentrate" That will push through any residual "concentrated" sap that remains in the membrane and plumbing.

I'll tell you...I still think these manuals could be more detailed. Geeze!

But what a machine.

Russell Lampron
03-16-2009, 05:21 AM
Justin I see you found the answer to your question. That is what I do with mine when I run out of sap or shut down for a rinse. Do you like boiling the concentrated sap?