PDA

View Full Version : vac levels with sap flow

Uncle Tucker
03-12-2009, 06:42 AM
This is my first year on vacuum. I noticed that when sap is not running I have 18” and when sap is running I have 26”. I thought it would be the other way around. This vacuum thing is great but strange things happen all the time. Keeps me on my tose, and in the woods a lot, witch is a good thing.

Jim Brown
03-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Uncle Tucker; Do you have any sags in your main line? If so all the vac does not get to the trees and the short distant between the pump and the sag in the line will give you high vac numbers until the sap is pulled to the releaser and the vac can get passed it in the main line.(voice of experience). If we have a sag our vac will be 5 inches higher untill the sap is pulled to the releaser and then it will drop when the sap get to the releaser.

Just our two cents:)

Jim

Uncle Tucker
03-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Jim
I think one line dosen't have enough pich in it but only has 40 taps on it. I checked the taps and getting 24"+ at the tree. I am not saying I don't have leaks, I do. I just though it was strange.

Jim Brown
03-12-2009, 08:24 AM
We have 700 on vac in one bush and 350 in another. The 700 vac bush will vary like I noted the other will not. Both have good drop but the 350 bush main lines are only300 feet long and the 700 tap bush the lines are up to 1000 feet long.If you have 24 " at the tree I would not mess with (I wish I had 24" at the trees!!)

Just my thoughts

Jim